It's late November, where's denim?!!!!

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Problem is, Lolipop is a whole new OS version, Denim is 'only' firmware. So that's not comparable either.
But you have a point though. Also, everyone is so psyched about the update because everyone knows that Lumia firmware is the best and therefore everyone just can't wait anymore ;)

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Problem is, Lolipop is a whole new OS version, Denim is 'only' firmware. So that's not comparable either.
But you have a point though. Also, everyone is so psyched about the update because everyone knows that Lumia firmware is the best and therefore everyone just can't wait anymore ;)

You are right... Denim is a firmware which has the potential to brick all phones it is installed on and hard to recover from. Lollipop is just an OS update that can easily be fixed by a rollback and restoration.

But yeah... The biggest problem here is that people have thought that they have known something about an eventual release-date for this update... In their minds they have seen Microsoft say that they will get it somewhere in october or something since "Sometime in Q4" means October 1st.

I'm just getting really tired of alot of people on these forums that can't just sit down and chillax and keep letting us get the highest quality updates available. Android Lollipop was shown in June... And it hasn't even made it to all of their own (Nexus) phones... It's also laggy and buggy on most phones that have gotten it and it's only reached one tenth of a percent... And this is the mess that people here are wanting Microsoft to become.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
LOL. On the other hand, I wished WP could be still at W7. Missed the good old days. The animation on W8 is killing it, causing slow downs unnecessarily.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind it is taking them so long for each update, since it always solves a lot of problems and it are really high quality updates, but it annoyes me they don't give any release dates, and that annoyes a lot of people apperently. But the fact is, they never give a release date for updates, only a release window. And today I've read that it still scheduled for this year (st least for 930, 1520) and since I don't have a CV 930 I'm guessing it will release very soon :p

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It hasn't even been released to the carriers yet...cool your jets. We all know that once it is released to them the real waiting begins. Enjoy your phone with all the perks it has. There are not that many changes coming with the Denim update unless you have one of the newer phones that has the S800 processor.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone was released November 2013 and it has a Snapdragon 800. Many models have been released since.

I am on Official 8.1 + Lumia Cyan. I expect many advances in the next Official OTA and the most full use of everything coming out of any models.

Still, I'm not complaining or stressing.

It comes when it does, guys. No sooner than that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss