Is It a toggle or shortcut ?

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
As you guys know one of the famous feature of a windows phone is the action center. I still don't get if the buttons are toggles or shortcuts. For example I always use the actions center to turn on and off my wifi. Sometimes it trunks on the WiFi sometimes it leads me to the WiFi settings. So any explanation ?

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Everything is a toggle except wifi. The way the wifi works is, it is a toggle when it is off. touching it once will turn it on and will connect to your fav. networks. It is a shortcut when it is already turned on, when you touch it it will take you to the wifi settings screen and thats where you can turn it off. You cannot turn it of from the action center.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
As you guys know one of the famous feature of a windows phone is the action center. I still don't get if the buttons are toggles or shortcuts. For example I always use the actions center to turn on and off my wifi. Sometimes it trunks on the WiFi sometimes it leads me to the WiFi settings. So any explanation ?

I'd say these "buttons" are a short cut to toggle certain settings on or off, i.e. you don't need to go to Settings and look for the item which you want to toggle. This is particularly true for "Rotation Lock" and "Bluetooth".

However, for WiFi and Airplane Mode, I guess MS added a "safety net" by not allowing the user to "accidentally" disconnect from the internet either by turning WiFi off or by turning Airplane Mode on. This could be the reason why the user is brought to the settings page (or at least prompted to unlock the phone first) when attempting these two. Notice, however, that you can turn WiFi on and turn Airplane Mode off directly in the action center because you are connecting to the internet as opposed to disconnecting from it. Accidental disconnection could be really frustrating, especially if you're trying to download a file or buffer up a movie in your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs