browsers to recommend?

thamikestab0y56

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
sup guys! im new here as well as to windows phone. i've adored it since windows phone 7 came out in 2010. anyway, after playing with 3 browsers on my nokia lumia 635, internet explorer, UC browser, and maxthon cloud browser, i decided that those browsers won't work due to various problems on the respective browsers. now i can't decide which browser i should use. anyone have any ideas on which browser is the best one to use? thanks!

wrbird

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I too have a Lumia 635 and am a first time windows phone user. I've had it for less than a day and it has crashed a number of times accessing this website so I went looking for a different browser and have tentatively settled on uc browser.

thamikestab0y56

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
turns out that internet explorer blinks on one of the websites. the other sites i've gone to appear to work fine. i've tried uc browser myself. It looked to be a very promising web browser, but the problem i have with it is that it keeps bringing up an out of memory at line 1 error and then it crashes. has anyone had that same issue?

wrbird

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same phone as you and haven't seen this problem. I didn't see enough benefit with uc so I'm back to is for now.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I had tried a few of the third-party browsers early on (WP7.0), and they were pretty clunky compared to IE. I tried the first few revs of Opera Mini for 8.1 and they all crashed on startup before ever showing me a single website - so I kind of dismissed the whole idea of third-party browsers for a while.

But the latest rev of Opera Mini doesn't crash, and is pretty good. Ditto for UC browser. I still prefer IE, because it's what I know, but the others tempt me a little - they both manage tabs better, one of them (I forget which) has a "zip to the bottom of the page" gesture that's REALLY nice on long pages - little stuff like that.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
If your IE settings indicate "Desktop" mode, Bing.com goes to (surprise!) Bing.com; if your IE settings indicate "Mobile" mode, Bing.com brings up Cortana. I have no idea why this is, but it's clearly on purpose. (I really wish that I could override that setting per site - I generally prefer Mobile mode, but there's a non-zero number of sites that look awful or just plain don't work in it, and I dislike having to change my settings for one site.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99