Where is GDR2?

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems that Microsoft is working hard on Windows 10 and the Denim update.
One month left, so be optimistic

I wouldn't be so optimistic, they may announce Windows 10 for Phone on late January, but the actual release (DP included) could be many months later.

Just take a look at the Demin firmware, it was announced in September and it is now already December and they have still yet to roll out the release...

Arpit Parmar

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It will come in the last week of the December for the high end Lumia devices and for others it wil be available in early 2015.
It will be great to see the Cortana in the non US regions and making folders of the tiles is also a great feature.
But to compete with iOS and android MS should do a lot of hard work and release the newer versions of the windows phone OS as soon as possible.
Update two is also rumoured to bring great enhancements but it will be the windows 10 which will burn the mobile phone OS market and iOS would be aware of it because windows phone is biggest enemy of it not android.
After all waiting to see
Windows phone 8.1 update 1
Windows phone 8.1 update 2
And the Windows 10

Last edited:

lordsnow

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting. I just want cellular data toggle in action center and organized settings menu, like it was said. Hope we get it this month.

Andy Fletcher2

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1320 has Lumia Denim, after I enrolled into Dev Preview. I took myself of the program and reset my phone and extras + info stated that I have the Denim update. Has anyone else got the same result? Also, I have a UK unlocked variant.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Denim is not GDR2 guys. Denim will come with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.
Update 2 (or GDR2) will come with a different firmware.

Right... Denim is not GDR2.

GDR2 via Preview for Developers comes with NO Firmware. None. It is just core OS changes.

My Lumia 1320 has Lumia Denim, after I enrolled into Dev Preview. I took myself of the program and reset my phone and extras + info stated that I have the Denim update. Has anyone else got the same result? Also, I have a UK unlocked variant.

You probably have this known bug... Nokia Lumias grab Extras + Info update, causes false Lumia Denim firmware sightings | Windows Central

Substantiated (slightly) claims are that Official 8.1.1 + Denim will rollout to 930 first, then 1520. No others are expected to get Denim before 2015. Excepting, of course, new models that shipped with Denim.

Lumia Denim still planned later this year for some Lumias, early in 2015 for others | Windows Central

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Right... Denim is not GDR2.

GDR2 via Preview for Developers comes with NO Firmware. None. It is just core OS changes.

You probably have this known bug... Nokia Lumias grab Extras + Info update, causes false Lumia Denim firmware sightings | Windows Central

Substantiated (slightly) claims are that Official 8.1.1 + Denim will rollout to 930 first, then 1520. No others are expected to get Denim before 2015. Excepting, of course, new models that shipped with Denim.

Lumia Denim still planned later this year for some Lumias, early in 2015 for others | Windows Central
So how will i get denim if i am running 8.1 update 1 DP?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So how will i get denim if i am running 8.1 update 1 DP?

Being on P4D does not keep you from getting regular updates... When Official 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim comes around your phone will update to it. This will optimize your system again. You will benefit from a Reset at this point, to flush unwanted junk out of the system.

Run backup, get OTA, Factory Reset, setup and Restore. After an OTA to Official, I believe you have to re-enroll your device in the Preview for Developers to continue getting the P4D updates.

Note that the contents of Official 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim was set months ago. I think it stopped after Live Folders and certainly won't contain the Cortana expansion and Cellular Data toggle of this past week's P4D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon