Apps keep resetting to Allow in Background use

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Had my 930 for 2 months now and very pleased with it (coming from Android/Note 3.

Battery life is generally as expected, but like others always trying to get the battery to last longer. I go through my Apps and have selected the ones I don't want to use in the background - i.e. set them to 'don't allow'.

However, I have noticed that when going back in the the apps, some (mainly the Microsoft built in Apps) have reset to 'Allow in background' - such as Health & Fitness, News, Travel, Money. I don't use the Health & Fitness yet, but might if I get a MS Band.

I haven't rebooted my phone for a couple of weeks and haven't managed to pin point when these apps switch back to 'allow' (midnight maybe?).

Is it possible these Microsoft Apps can't be turned off from background use, if so, why does it allow me to toggle them off - only for them to go back to allow?

Thanks in advance.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've always wondered about that. It resets when you relaunch the app. Haven't used Health and fitness in a while and it stays at "not allowed". Tried it with money just now and yes it did reset when I launched the app.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No need for quotes around 'bug' - that CAN'T be on purpose. (Why provide a way to control settings if they'll just get re-set silently?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon