Why does my WP 8.1 Battery Saver crash when Usage Details is clicked (Lumia 1020)?

NJKevin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
WP 8.1 Battery Saver crashes when Usage Details is clicked (Lumia 1020)

The new battery saver app shows Usage Details with battery consumption per app. Was working great, but suddenly, now, when I slide over to Usage Details, the app QUITS and goes back to the general Settings list.

I have tried power cycling, recharging, and re-setting (PWR + VolDown). The problem persists.

Would love to delete the app and reinstall it, but it is not a "Store" app ... it rides along with the O/S.

The only thing I did that can be associated with the problem is I deleted the MSN weather app, and reinstalled it (it was confused about "my location"). But I don't see how this would screw with Battery Saver (and MSN Weather is still confused - haha).

THANKS.

NJKevin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Discovered that I can reinstall O/S apps by hitting WindowsPhone web site and searching for app name (BatterySaver) ...

However, re installation while successful was not effective in fixing the problem.

#$& !!

NJKevin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery Saver spontaneously started working again. Yes, I re-installed it. But that did not fix it. Yes, I soft-reset the phone. But that did not fix it. A computer miracle fixed it.

Generally speaking, I find that 10% of the things that computers do wrong (or right, after being wrong) - including tablets and phones - cannot be attributed to a specific cause-effect relationship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes