Build 14219 broke Lumia 530

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
New update is not getting installed on low storage devices as it requires whopping 740MB free space on phone memory. With System taking along 2.67G and another 300M with system apps this much space is impossible. I think in previous GDR1 update MS allowed updates to be installed through SD card. Now the phone is in cyclic process of installing update causing battery drain. (it stops installing for sometime and after a phone restart process starts again). I don't want to perform the hard reset.. :(
wp_ss_20141206_0003[1].png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing a few posts about P4D chewing up lots of storage...

It is un-optimized OS changes. Factory Reset is the best way to flush the junk out of the system. Jump from 8.1 to 8.1.1 should probably have necessitated a Reset and I'm pretty sure few have done so.

At the pace of P4D updates, I'm not sure you are supposed to just keep shoveling it in indefinitely...

​Nothing ever beats a clean install. Nothing. Ever.

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
For a major update hard reset could be fine but for a minor 36MB update coming out in a month doesn't warrant hard reset. For the time being I have found workaround to skip the update:

1. Unroll from P4D. Only this step won't help as update is already detected.
2. Change system date to 1 year back.
3. Soft reset the phone.
4. Now it would give option to check for updates again and now no new update is found.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05