To all the android lollipop users...

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If you're using Android lollipop in your android device (official or beta) I've got a question for you.

How often do you see apps resuming? Can you plz tell me your multitasking experience? Does apps running in the background resume instantly unlike windows phones?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
eh? Android is famous for having true multi tasking unlike IOS and WP, android, apps stay opened, dont get tumbstoned.

so no, android of any version doesnt have a resuming screen or any equivilent.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have found WP apps resume with no delay.
In KitKat 4.4.4 apps also resumed without any delay.

Same spec phones: Snapdragon 400, Adreno 3.5, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage (though L735 is set to store all apps and data on SD card)

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you're using Android lollipop in your android device (official or beta) I've got a question for you.

How often do you see apps resuming? Can you plz tell me your multitasking experience? Does apps running in the background resume instantly unlike windows phones?

They open instantly because they're always running in memory. Only when memory gets full, earlier programs get flushed. So, pretty much no delay in opening on android while multitasking. You'll find multitasking a vastly superior experience in android than wp

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Also adding to the multitasking experience, long-pressing the MT button toggles between the two most recent apps, with some slick animation.

Short-press shows all opened apps, rolodex-style, and selectable, whether in-memory or not. Displayed apps are persisted even after a reboot or powering off (can be cleared, of course).

And yes, apps in-memory resume immediately.

The stock LG rom (possibly others) can display 2 apps concurrently, a la W8.1.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans