Lets get the Snapchat situation trending

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Can you confirm that ? I tried last week to use my old locked account, and also a new and unlocked account just after. It seems we can't connect to an existing account with 6snap...

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried logging out of my account and back in ~ and now it says locked, soooo no the perma-ban is in place and now I cant even view the stuff on the timeline. Im going to try creating a new account to see how long it lasts.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There was an update to the snapchat app (iOS/Android) earlier today which might be why some people were able to login/snap etc for a short while. Their APIs might be unintentionally playing tricks on them (and WP users) causing the odd behavior from 6snap. Well that's my theory anyway.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Tbh if Blackberry isn't getting Snapchat, why should we. Our market share needs to increase but how can it increase if people won't buy WP if it doesn't have Whatsapp. Tricky situation right?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
We deserve snapchat more than blackberry. They're Dead, and our marketshare is superior.

This is true.

Tbh if Blackberry isn't getting Snapchat, why should we. Our market share needs to increase but how can it increase if people won't buy WP if it doesn't have Whatsapp. Tricky situation right?

Right it is but in reality it's up to Microsoft. Money talks, and they have a lot of it. They aren't doing much because they're hoping Windows 10 will solve it for them. No one can definitively say whether it will or not, but it wouldn't be too far from the truth to say that it'll make things interesting that's for sure.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
But look at the market share of android and ios, compared to ours. We aren't growing. Our numbers are declining.
Market share or number of users? Number of users is growing, it's just the the rest of the pie is growing faster.

We are millions of users strong. MILLIONS. For companies to ignore millions of impressions because it's market share is relativity small in comparison to the two largest ones is really, really dumb.

That's like a ball park not serving vegetarian options at all because most of the people there are not vegetarians. You'd better believe I'm throwing some nachos and pizza on the menu for that demographic. I'm fighting for every single dollar if I'm the owner. And those omnivores will eat vegetarian options also just like iPad owners and Android users will have Windows based devices too!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Market share or number of users? Number of users is growing, it's just the the rest of the pie is growing faster.

We are millions of users strong. MILLIONS. For companies to ignore millions of impressions because it's market share is relativity small in comparison to the two largest ones is really, really dumb.

It's said that that the saying "Looks don't matter; it's inner beauty that counts" is said by ugly people.

We take whatever numbers suit our agenda and use them. WP has been proclaimed the fastest growing smartphone OS. Percentage wise, yes it has been true for awhile. But it grew by about 1.25 million in real numbers last quarter. That's a morning's worth of Android sales.

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
No, the cold reality is WP users "deserve" nothing, its a company's choice if they choose to support the platform or not.
What we do deserve is for existing apps to have the same content as other platforms if it's for a payed service. That's something not every company is actually doing for wp users.. *cough*spotify*cough*

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
What we do deserve is for existing apps to have the same content as other platforms if it's for a payed service. That's something not every company is actually doing for wp users.. *cough*spotify*cough*

That's reasonable for a paid service that's already being offered on the platform but if a service or app doesn't exist for WP the fact that the platform exists doesn't in itself mean it deserves said app or service, which is what the post I quoted alluded to.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
That's reasonable for a paid service that's already being offered on the platform but if a service or app doesn't exist for WP the fact that the platform exists doesn't in itself mean it deserves said app or service, which is what the post I quoted alluded to.
I didn't mean deserve in that way. I meant that if devs need to choose between blackberry and WP, we deserve it more than blackberry (because we're more) ;)

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
well i finally got the locked account email....... which sucks as ive not used the app for the last couple of weeks, oh well i guess they loose me now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro