Brightness Automatic Adjust & Glance not working anymore

AlopexLagopus

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody, merry x-mas from Germany!

I have two issues with my Lumia 920. (CYAN, Dev Prev, set to US/English to have Cortana working)
Yesterday Whatsapp stopped working, the tile was greyed out. I had to reinstall it, to get it back working. Charged over night. This morning Glance wasnt working anymore (there are not even more settings available in the settings > glance, just a black screen -.-) and the brightness settings are set to LOW. I cant turn on the automatically adjustment anymore. It goes back to LOW. Restarting the phone didnt help. At last doubletap is working again, had issues this morning with it, after unplugging from charger. Doubletapping wasnt working and I had to push the power button several times to get a screen.
Has there been an update I am not aware of or is my phone breaking down? I already searched for a fix, aside that this issues seem to be on other phones as well, seems to be a OS issue, but there was no fix or helping answer for this problems....or I have missed the thread...help!

Brgds,
Alopex

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody, merry x-mas from Germany!

I have two issues with my Lumia 920. (CYAN, Dev Prev, set to US/English to have Cortana working)
Yesterday Whatsapp stopped working, the tile was greyed out. I had to reinstall it, to get it back working. Charged over night. This morning Glance wasnt working anymore (there are not even more settings available in the settings > glance, just a black screen -.-) and the brightness settings are set to LOW. I cant turn on the automatically adjustment anymore. It goes back to LOW. Restarting the phone didnt help. At last doubletap is working again, had issues this morning with it, after unplugging from charger. Doubletapping wasnt working and I had to push the power button several times to get a screen.
Has there been an update I am not aware of or is my phone breaking down? I already searched for a fix, aside that this issues seem to be on other phones as well, seems to be a OS issue, but there was no fix or helping answer for this problems....or I have missed the thread...help!

Brgds,
Alopex

Merry Christmas to you, too.

The WhatsApp Tile-Graying Syndrome was in a thread not long ago, but I didn't bother reading through it since my WhatsApp is working just fine. However, I do notice that when my apps are being updated the tile of that particular app gets grayed out temporarily. After the update, the tile comes to life again. I'm suspecting that the bug was caused by an update that required uninstalling the previous version of WhatsApp first before the update can be applied.

All the other syndromes (double tap temporarily not working, power button response lag, certain items in the settings disappearing, tiles disappearing) are typical for a phone that is lagging, perhaps due to some intense data-processing background activity (such as in updating apps, creating a backup or sending feedback to MS). But all of those should be temporary.

Possibly the only subject for concern is the automatic brightness setting since this may be hardware related. You may want to check if your ambient light sensor is still functional by installing a "brightness metering app", such as Lux-o-Meter. It's free anyway, but with ads. If your ambient light sensor is still working, you should be able to see the app respond to different light levels accordingly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2