Why am I not able to copy MKV files to my Lumia?

fotomini

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Problem with copying MKV files to Lumia

Hello.

At the beginning I apologize for poor English.

I have a problem which I can not deal with, or find information.

That problem is that I can not copy files .mkv on the phone (with other files did not notice the problem).

It seems that when I try to copy the file to Phone or memory card explorer window blink, as if refreshing, but nothing else.
The progress bar is not displayed, there is currently an unsupported format, or whatever.

The transfer of the wifi everything goes ok.

I tried the same operation on Lumii 1520 and 920.

By Total Commander is not going well.

Sometimes it helps to remove the device and reinstall the driver, but this time helps, 4 times not.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

The system is Windows 8.1.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with copying MKV files to Lumia

Windows phone doesn't support .mkv files at the moment and that's probably the cause of ur troubles :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Windows phone doesn't support .mkv files at the moment and that's probably the cause of ur troubles :)

Nope, definitely not. I'm having quite some MKV files on my device, using MoliPlayer to play them. Even though the OS doesn't support them out of the box, doesn't mean you can't transfer anything you want to and from the device.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

But it might show up as unsunsupported while copying since the built in one doesn't recognize them..
We were talking abt it in this thread recently. Post #8
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/331002-how-clear-other-folder.html

This may depend on what you use to copy it over. I do it using the regular Windows File Explorer. It suggests I convert the file, yes, but I always ignore that and choose "just copy". I've never had a single issue.

fotomini

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm sorry, but I can not agree.
Moliplayer open .mkv files without a problem.
I add at the outset that the problem only occurs on my PC and it for some time.
On another computer (laptop with Windows 7), everything works fine - when copying the system asks whether to convert or not, I choose "not" and everything goes without a problem.

fotomini

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

Problem solved.
The problem was installed codecs.
After their removal everything started working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb