Switching from iPhone 6 to Windows Phone...

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I won't resort to name calling like some here have, I'll just be honest; Don't switch to Windows Phone just yet. It truly isn't there yet. Maybe.... maybe it will be with Windows 10, but with Microsoft's track record, I wouldn't count on it.

But you should definitely wait. Or if you can, grab one to test for yourself. I use a 1520 as my backup/media device, but an iPhone as my main/business phone. My WP is a toy and my iPhone is a work phone.

Bologwp

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
dont switch until 2015 because in the current situation, if you switch you will have:
1-inferior phones due to heavy weight and bulky hardware.
2-you will not be able to connect your phone to your sp3 via bluetooth. i tried transferring a document from wp to my sp3 wirelessly via bluetooth and it never worked.
3-MS experience in iOS is superior than on wp.
4-even if your most used apps are on windows phone, make sure they have the same set of features. chances are: they don't.
otherwise, the sp3 is indeed the best PC that has ever been built and it's a shame that MS has not promoted it as such. MS should have promoted the surface as the best mobile PC, not tablet. but MS has always had a lousy marketing dept. anyways, good luck and enjoy the sp3. it's pretty amazing.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Lumia 928, the Lumia Icon, and now the HTC One M8 for Windows. All worked very well as my business and personal phones.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
This thread reminds me of a "BMW is better than Audi" discussion. Fact is that we live in 2014 and all phones let you do the most things you want to do (like make calls :p). The rest is just personal taste depending on what is important to you.

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
don't get why people are saying wait till windows 10, Windows 10 is not gonna counter rotate our earth by any means..
i strongly believe buying a low to medium lumia like 630 or 730 would be better, so they can see how windows phone works, be me like ok i miss some of the feature from iphone, and they can go back and then when win 10 hits they can look into it again and see if its improved!

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Buy a Lumia 830. There is not much synchronization b/w windows and windows phone right now but there is a little synchronization like synced theme and app data...

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This forum will go nuts as soon as win 10 comes out for our phones. Everyone will be ******** they can't get 10 or the DP version isn't working right on their version of the phone. Heck, we go nuts when Denim is rolling out. So the guy has a great phone now, just wait until 10 comes out, buy a phone with 10 on it already rather than waiting for an update that might be a year off depending upon carriers. Is it wrong to want the guy to have the best first impression or do we want another "Leaving windows phone thread"?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have been considering switching from iPhone 6 (verizon) to a Windows Phone (doesnt matter the network to me). Our office (I made the decision as I am the Executive Director) just switched from Apple products to the new Surface Pro 3 and I LOVE the SP3. We use SharePoint and Office 365 so my rationale has been that things will probably work better being all in the same ecosystem vs having a SP3 and then an iPhone 6. I have checked the apps that I use most and everyone is in the Windows Store. I am curious as to what other people think about the rationale here and if I were to switch, what device would be recommended. I mainly use my phone for emails, calls, texting, multitasking, etc. Not much photography or games, etc. I want speed but I don't need to have something that provides 15 times the power I really need.

So....
Switch?
What device?

If you're the Executive Director, have your IT folks get you a test device from your preferred carrier and try it out. ;-)

My carrier's reps are always asking my staff if they want to try a new device.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
WOW, after reading this thread, all I can say is I would recommend WP anytime, but not this website. I read it several times a day and have converted at least 10 people to WP and oh damn, they are happy with them! But there are about 20-30 people here that comment on almost every article and forum topic and they are almost always negative!

OP, listen to the folks that are giving you the good advise, don't bother with the rest. My 2 year old 822 syncs' all of my email and office docs without fail, if this is the way you want to go, you won't be disappointed. It's obvious that you have already checked out the apps you need, I would say 830, 930 or 1520. I'm on Verizon so I will get the Samsung Ativ SE in a couple of weeks only because Verizon doesn't carry the 830.

No, I don't comment on all of the topics or articles, but this one got to me, for some reason WC seems to have the highest percentage of whiners!

Perhaps there is a fine line between constructive criticism and whining. However, the user community should be vocal and pushing for improvements.

After a little thought I would recommend to the OP to make the switch as it seems like his needs are more business in nature. My choice would be a Lumia 1520 even though it's getting dated now. WP8.1 is a good business platform. Though I do find myself recommending to friends on occasion to stick with iOS or android after asking them about what they do with their phones and the apps they use.