Windows Phone update tracker II

Nathan Alden

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Here we go:

Several months ago, a user named "cocotutch" was tracking the 8.1 (Cyan) rollout in a thread he'd hoped to make sticky. Since October, though, the thread has been very active, but not a word from that specific user. With permission from the relevant parties, I'd like to provide some sort of update. His list was laid out in sections that were easy to track, and I've done my best to stick to that template. Where possible, I have the MS "color" known to be available listed, or which carrier has it.

Without further ado, the list so far:

WINDOWS PHONE HAS BEEN UPDATED IN:

All regions

DEVICES WITH THE UPDATE AVAILABLE:

• HTC 8XT (Sprint US)
  • Nokia Lumia 1520 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 1320 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 1020 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 928 (Denim)
  • Nokia Lumia 925 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 920 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 822 (Denim)
  • Nokia Lumia 820 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 720 (Denim)
  • Nokia Lumia 625
  • Nokia Lumia 521 (Cyan)
  • Nokia Lumia 520 (Denim for CV, Cyan for carriers)
  • Samsung ATIV S Neo (Sprint US)

UPDATE IS PENDING FOR:

• Nokia Lumia Icon (929) due 1H 2015)

PHONES SHIPPING WITH 8.1:

All Microsoft and former Nokia devices shipped Summer 2014 or later have at least the 8.1 (Cyan) update, including these:

• Lumia 630 (Denim (CV) or Cyan (carrier)
  • Lumia 635
  • Lumia 930

THE MUDDY LIST:

The following are devices that I'm not sure whether they can or will get an update, but still run Windows Phone 8.0 with any patch level. In theory, they probably should be able to run it, but have not been serviced for 12 months or more.

• HTC 8X
  • HTC 8S
  • Nokia Lumia 810 (currently fossilized in Amber) <- get it?

IMPORTANT: As with most other phone firmware, devices running beta, preview, or otherwise modified software may or may not get an update, and/or may experience unexpected issues. If possible, you will need to revert to stable firmware before attempting an authorized update.

This document is intended as a master list, with info sourced from Microsoft and the carriers themselves (currently if sold in North America). Please send a message or reply if I'm missing someone's device somewhere, as there is a strong possibility I do not have access to or the ability to interpret info from non-English sites. I haven't had the chance to copy down every device, but with your input, I'll do my best to fix it.

--NA

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Be sure to elaborate specific regions since the rollout varies between regions. (woops, I thought this was a 8.1 Update + Denim post, but be sure to note that some models don't have the update allowed, like a certain 620 in my country I think)

It's appeared on some HTC devices and some ATIV S's have 8.1.

Nathan Alden

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
That was the intent, Xandros. I'm hoping to pick up where the other guy just... vanished. As I'm based in the US, I'll be centering on the US models, adding others as I find out more. For instance, I thought there was a headline up about the HTC phones getting 8.1, but I can't seem to find it under the usual tags.

Nathan Alden

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that, yes. BUT last I checked, it was easy to read and harder to navigate than it needs to be (six links to break a loop from the main support page? sorry, I don't feel the need to play that game). Again, the point was to take on a list that was posted here and not maintained as it should have been. I'd much rather this discussion not degenerate into a personal attack on me, but that it retains the spirit of the original from which I seek to continue. That can be found here, but as a rookie, I can't even show the link.

I kept looking at that list to discern whether my older 822 would get Cyan, but the list had "died" within a month and a half. It ended up leaping into Denim this past week. Either Verizon was wise to wait, or it was dumb to delay any upgrade at all. To this day, there be much weeping and gnashing of teeth over the Icon not updating quite yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos