Gestures for Windows Phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is a nice feature. I'm thoroughly enjoying the auto-answer gesture...

My wife is too tentative with it and it doesn't trigger for her when she tries to pick up my phone. I just shake my head. Works flawlessly for me. You gotta have confidence in it, I suppose.

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I found out by total accident how good it work's the other day. I made a phone call on my phone and moved the phone from my ear, to see what someone had just dropped. My phone automatically switched to speakerphone until I placed it against my ear again. Nice job Microsoft.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Some app can only be installed on internal memory. Its a kind of safety precaution for "critical" apps. If you would install these on the SD card and get the SD out the phone the OS gets messed up.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My only moan is that if you leave the phone on the table (on speakerphone) while waiting on hold... (making a cup of tea :wink:), when you finally pick the phone back up the speakphone won't disable with the gesture as the phone has locked.
Meaning you then have to unlock the phone before using gestures again.
A small niggle, which hopefully MS will fix in the next update.

G.

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
My only moan is that if you leave the phone on the table (on speakerphone) while waiting on hold... (making a cup of tea :wink:), when you finally pick the phone back up the speakphone won't disable with the gesture as the phone has locked.

Right, the phone should automatically disable speaker mode when lifted. Hope MS fixes it.

G.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It is a nice feature. I'm thoroughly enjoying the auto-answer gesture...

My wife is too tentative with it and it doesn't trigger for her when she tries to pick up my phone. I just shake my head. Works flawlessly for me. You gotta have confidence in it, I suppose.

Well a question for you..
Does your wife answer the call
a) when the phone displays slide up to answer button - Yes/No
If (Yes)
then gestures works because the display isn't active.
else
gesture doesn't work...

b) when the phone displays answer and ignore button - Yes/No
If (Yes)
gestures doesn't work because the display is active
else
gestures works...

Try this and gestures beta definitely works...Only thing you have to wary of is that phone shouldn't be touched when answering the call..i.e.,(answer when slide up button comes up )

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was tempted by this, but it won't install to SD card. Main phone memory only.

I don't install any Apps to SD as there may be performance issues... That's just me though. I know many are using this feature.

But in my l620, there is lil bit prob. With Gestures beta installed, the "flip to silence" function didnt work at all. Though without this app, it works flawlessly, i hope MS will release an update to the app soon. Anyone else bearing this?

My first call when Gestures was newly enabled on my phone only rang for a second. My phone was face down on a table and the "flip to silence" inside Gestures seems to have triggered. (I don't have "flip to silence" enabled via Audio.) I simply unchecked that feature and continued using the rest of the Gestures...

G.

I'll try out that scenario when I get a chance. I have used speaker/resume handset successfully in under the time my phone Locks...

Well a question for you..
Does your wife answer the call
a) when the phone displays slide up to answer button - Yes/No
If (Yes)
then gestures works because the display isn't active.
else
gesture doesn't work...

b) when the phone displays answer and ignore button - Yes/No
If (Yes)
gestures doesn't work because the display is active
else
gestures works...

Try this and gestures beta definitely works...Only thing you have to wary of is that phone shouldn't be touched when answering the call..i.e.,(answer when slide up button comes up )

I've really never thought about it after the first time or two when I was self conscious about what I was activating. Now I just pick up the phone when it rings... see who is there on the display and put the phone to my ear. Works above Lock and when I already have the phone Unlocked. It has become natural for me. Like I said, my wife is very timid and slow about putting the phone to her ear - like she expects it to fail and drop the call - so it fails to pick up and then she just uses the display in disgust. It's really not very often she answers my phone. (Hers is an Android so she doesn't need retraining on Gestures.)

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I am so used the the traditional way of the phone that even with gestures installed I hit the answer button on screen LOL

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I love the gestures app ❤

Small improvements like these really makes me love Windows Phone. Probably will never use the display again to answer calls etc. 😊

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Having recently ventured into the world of smartphones, I was disappointed to find that ALL of this genre required some form of swipe/press to answer, end up driving off the road. I posted numerous times about this issue over the last few months and behold my wishes were granted just in time for Christmas! My phone is finally... a phone. Thanks MS.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I really love this app... #GestureBeta . When I first used it, I thought will it really work?? And wow works like a charm.. Well I hope it will do many more things the time when BETA drops from it

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Reading the MS info on Gestures, I don't see the L521 listed! It works fine for me now in beta. Hope they don't kill it in the release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion