Why aren't my mail accounts syncing?

Vinayak Rajesekhar

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Account not working!

Help! This morning when I woke up, neither Gmail nor Hotmail were syncing. I tried opening their sync settings, the screen flickered. Then I tried to open their settings through the 'email+accounts' app in the phone settings which also failed. Eventually, I switched off my phone.

When I switched it back on, I received a notification pop-up saying, "Data recovery successful. We were able to recover your data but you may have lost some. You may have to recheck your start screen though". When I unlocked my phone, the Hotmail inbox was missing from my start screen, there were no contacts (none whatsoever) in the People App, and no notifications in the Calendar App either. However, my Gmail account was no syncing. I went to my phone settings and saw that my Microsoft Account was completely missing. Repeated attempts to sign in to my Microsoft Account have failed. All that happens is a flicker of the screen. Surprisingly though, OneDrive and the Xbox Games Hub are both signed in and working fine.

What do I do?

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Account not working!

If you have text message back up turned on (settings) try turning that off and then adding your MS account again.. After turning off the text message back up, soft reset the phone before proceeding to add your ms account.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Account not working!

To soft reset the phone simply hold the volume down and lock/power button until the phone turns off automatically AND don't let go until it vibrates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)