Buy an App Day: Monday February 23, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
This is a great idea that deserves support. A large part of my job involves working outdoors so weather/radar apps are something I follow and the following two are always on my start screen. Both have elegant UIs, are accurate, are well rated, and have developers who provide support and updates consistently.

Blue Skies (free, but with in-app purchase of $1.99 to upgrade live tile and add radar)
Appy Weather ($3.99, has option to try for free for 7 days)

My favorite weather radar app, and whose radar live tile is always pinned on my start screen, is:

Weather Radar Live (free, has several upgrade purchase options. I spent $1.98 to remove adds and get a zoomable live tile)

For the fitness buffs, two apps to track running, walking, cycling, etc .Again, both are energetically supported by their developers, consistently updated, and well rated. I personally use the first one as it has modes for walking and cycling. The second, which is tailored for running, I want to try soon.

Run the Map (free, but has a page to donate to support development of the app)
Track Runner (free, but again has a page to donate to to support development)

Finally, one that I'm saving for myself on the 23rd as I liked what I saw using the trial version, to store all my passwords, user names,card details, etc for safekeeping and quick recall.:

Enpass ($9.99)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Adding a few more to the Recommends Post.
_____

Start Perfect ($0.99 USD) Start Perfect | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

From the maker of Transparency Tiles... A robust Tile and Background maker for customizing your Start Screen.
_____

OneStart (free w/ in-App upgrade to Pro) OneStart | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Another Start Screen customization tool with cool blend and fade effects for your tiles and more!!!
_____

Translucent Apps ($0.99 USD) Translucent Apps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Splits the difference between regular opaque (solid color/can't see through) and transparent (no color/see through) tiles by offering a translucent option (see through the color!). Features 40 and growing number of Apps it will work for.
_____

This or That ($1.99 USD) This or That | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

A quick time waster Trivia Game. Jazmac says, "Still my favorite, This Or That. The perfect time waster triva game. Its been around since Windows Phone 7 and hasn't seen an update since that time but, it is probably one that doesn't need it. "

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Blood Pressure Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) why? it helps you keep your readings in one place and you can export the data to excel. TBH you could get the same basic things from the free app, but since we're supporting devs... the only downside is that the app hasn't been update in a while

MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Why? It supports most formats and it gives you wifi transfer :D

Cycle Master | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Why? I just need to connect onedrive and I can go and it has a media player in the app itself :D

Task Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Why? Well the guy has developed some quality apps and most of them have hit 4 stars

Apps from Perfect Thumb | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) Anything at all from this guy, because he's also given us a lot of good apps (I use some of them xd)

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Two personal finance manager apps that I highly recommend:

Akche | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
My absolute favorite. Love the UI, the use of color coded tags (ability to edit existing and create new ones), quick view summarys, etc. I use it to daily track six bank accounts/credit cards. Well supported by developer who took the time to personally respond to a review I left in the store. Just received update today that added OneDrive backup. Totally free and deserves greater awareness. Download it on the 23rd and try it out!

Money Tracker Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
More full featured than Akche. Designed to be a complete finance/investment manager. I'm just starting playing with this one, and I like what I see. Again well supported with updates by the developer and another one that deserves greater awareness. The link is for the pro version, but the developer also has a free version available in the store.

It would be nice if the WC team would highlight Buy an App Day in a news story on the main page as I think a lot of people don't wade into the forums.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
A few more apps I use and recommend:

True Calendar 8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
A more complete, customizable calendar than the native calendar app. Has a lot of customization options, and I love the live tile on this one.

Chalkboard | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Just cool to spend some time on, and I'm a sucker for the Metro UI. A chalk art app that looks so realistic. Has numerous options. Free, but you can support it's young developer in app with .99 cent tool purchase.

City Art Search | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Okay, it is by Microsoft and it is free, but it deserves a wider audience. I just love this app being that I'm an art buff. Search or browse 2000+ pieces of art and their locations. I have a wide tile of this on my start screen and use this as my lock screen to cycle through my favorite art works. Unlike a lot of Microsoft apps that don't get updated often, the developer here is constantly updating the app and documents it with extensive change logs.

OneDo | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Free, but again deserves wider audience and is well supported by developer. A task manager app using Metro UI and with customizable transparent live tiles.

FreePrints | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
This app was brought back by the company, due to the outcry, after initially dropping Windows support and removing from the store as documented on the News page. It is nice to see a company reconsider and admit their mistakes. Support them, as Windows/Window Phone users, by downloading the free app and purchasing some photo prints. I 've received prints through them and was impressed with the results.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrow is the big day!!!

• Buy Apps to Support Development On Our Beloved Windows Phone
    [*]Remind Your Friends That It Is Windows Phone Buy An App Day
    [*]Post Your Purchased Apps Lists Here To Encourage Others

Let's make a big noise and show everyone Windows Phone is worth developing for. Nothing grabs attention like throwing some cash around!!!

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
My purchases for the day:

Enpass Password and Information Manager $9.99
Acoustica $1.49
Loco Music Player $1.99
Perfect Note $1.99
BleBlo $.99
Run the Map $1.99 (donated to developer since app is free)
MovieJax $1.49 (in-app purchase to remove length restriction)
WebApps $.99 ( in-app purchase to be able to add custom sites)
Feedsea $.99 (in-app purchase to remove ad banner)

Also downloaded the following free apps:

Amtrak
CoPilot
Beer Me
CellarTracker

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
^^^ Pretty Impressive Start, IndyJG!!! ^^^

So far, and the day is just starting:

WolframAlpha $2.99 (it's going to take a long time to sort through all this can do for me)
NextGen Reader $2.99 (I hear it's the best news feed for WP and I want a better news feeder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro