Disable Beats Audio 8.1

ruhban

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm not in the right forums for this but I've been a member of the Mobile Nations' forums for a while now so I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

I have a Windows 8.1 HP Envy laptop which features Beats audio. This Beats audio program is causing me some problems. When there's no bass playing in a song, it'll cause the music to soar to really high, potentially deafening volumes then when some bass kicks in, the sound will reduce dramatically so that's it sounds quiet in comparison.

My experience with Windows as a whole isn't great - I've never delved deeper than the surface programs of Office, IE / Chrome and Control Panel to uninstall programs and tweak small settings. I'd really appreciate some guidance on whether I'll have to completely uninstall the Beats sound drivers or if there's any way to temporarily disable them. I'd rather opt for the latter as I have a built-in subwoofer which makes use of the Beats audio settings.

P.S. I've Googled the problem but the HP forums aren't clear.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If you go into Device Manager (just use the search function to find it), and find the Beats Audio drivers under Audio, you can disable them without uninstalling them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos