Is Lumia Emerald on the way?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No sooner has Lumia denim been released and most of the US still waiting on Cyan, the internet is a buzz with reports that the next firmware release is going to be Lumia Emerald.

This all started a few weeks back with a screenshot of extras + info showing the green banner "Lumia Emerald". Is this to be believed or another hoax / urban legend?

Rumoured release late Jan to late February 2015.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows central app

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
There is talk of a Windows Phone 8.1.2 out there on the horizon (judging by this website, at least), and Emerald would fit the naming scheme... but yeah. Denim was our Christmas gift. We shouldn't be greedy.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh no its the exact opposite. Windows are giving us so many treats its great. Its the fastest OS for updates. Android would be lucky to even get three updates a year, not to mention a measly 1 for apple. So intrigued lol

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh no its the exact opposite. Windows are giving us so many treats its great. Its the fastest OS for updates. Android would be lucky to even get three updates a year, not to mention a measly 1 for apple. So intrigued lol

LOLz... Please share that with the many people kvetching how slow and horrible the WP update scheme is!!!

I, too, believe it far superior to iOS and Android (unless you are on a Nexus).

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
LOLz... Please share that with the many people kvetching how slow and horrible the WP update scheme is!!!

I, too, believe it far superior to iOS and Android (unless you are on a Nexus).

Before Denim was released, some sites and people said MSFT waited with the rollout of the update because MSFT first wanted to get the firmware for most of the devices right, so they could push the updated to a significant number of devices at once and all devices in between 2 months.
But that doesn't look like the case now. Some 930's already get the update, some not. Some other devices in a certain country get the update, the other countries not. Some people are already rocking Denim for a month now but I still got nothing for my 930. Also weird how they handled the Lumia Camera update on the 830. Thought to read that the new app is finally being released (even on cyan it is now downloadable in the store) but man that took long since the release of the 830...

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It's Lumia Eggshell... not Emerald :grincry::grincry::grincry: We need another off-the-wall color like Denim.

Anyways, even though the rollout of these updates are slow, we have gotten an abundance of WP updates, so I believe that it's possible that another one is on its way.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
But release of Emerald in January? Don't think sl. Only a minorty has got the Denim update, and they announced it September-october (already forgot). So I guess they first announce it (think after most of the phones got the update which isn't the case yet) and then maybe in a couple of months the release.

But that seems odd too, because they also plan to release windows (phone) 10 this year, so maybe like windows 8.2 they skip the update to work as hard as possible on windows 10 for ARM.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
After putting on Denim, isn't it tacky to put on Emeralds? I mean, Denim is for casual. Emeralds are for elegance. I say we're due for a good T-Shirt update to go with those Denim jeans.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
And what % of phones have actually gotten denim. Still quite a few have never gotten cyan. And now emerald. You know what they say. Crap in one hand and put your updates in the other and see what one fills up faster.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Also, Emerald is probably not the final name, I remembered that Amber, Black and Cyan had all different names in leaks (likely from Nokia developer phones). But don't know what else it would be named (if even such update is scheduled).

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Either way folks its keeping us talking and keeping Windows Phone in our minds. I like the Emerald name. Sounds classy. 😊

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm.....With the ruomor/word of the announcement of Windows 10 for phone coming on Jan 21st, there is another update ?

Wonder if we will get the DP of 10 on the 21st.....but, with an ICON, I at least want Denim before any other updates...

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm.....With the ruomor/word of the announcement of Windows 10 for phone coming on Jan 21st, there is another update ?

Wonder if we will get the DP of 10 on the 21st.....but, with an ICON, I at least want Denim before any other updates...

I don't think the DP of windows 10 for phones is coming anytime soon, so January would be a no go (would be cool though). But is it already confirmed they are going to announce / show wp10 on January 21th? Have only read about announcing Office on phones or something like it.

But more OT: I think Windows 10 (for ARM/phones) os going to be released late summer, so a GDR 2 and 3 for windows phone still can happen. Emerald maybe in March - May.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ooh Chaos Emeralds, guess that is fitting given windows 10 for phone will have to be very disruptive in the smartphone arena. Sorry, been playing a bit too much Sonic Dash lately :grincry:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss