Has anyone purchased the Yezz Billy 4.7?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the Yezz Billy 4.7 may just be the best-feeling Windows Phone ever.

As of today, I've been through the Lumia 520, 1020, 929, 1520, 820, 830 and most recently the 535.

I've kinda gotten used to Windows Phones just being thick and heavy compared to iPhones and Galaxies... it must've been real bad because I thought the Lumia 830 felt remarkably thin... then I got some hands-on time the most weirdly named Windows Phone ever: Yezz Billy 4.7

yezz-billy-47-1.jpg

It's the first time a name for something has been so weird that I had to research what the eff they were thinking (since anyone in marketing knows a name can make or break a phone's appeal)... and my small circle of techie guys have become so amused by the name that responding to every yes/no question with "Yezzzz BILLEH!" has become our new favorite inside joke in just one day.

This phone doesn't seem to be a high seller, or very successful in any financial regard... but it feels AMAZING in the hands... and is somehow minus all the scrolling lag that plagues the 535 despite them having the exact same specs. It's smooth, the screen looks nice. It doesn't seem to have gorilla glass, but apparently it has it's on form of durable, damage-resistant layer over the screen... but it's THIN! Very thin, cool to the touch... and the build quality is exceptional.

Has anyone bought this? I'm currently in the process of giving the Lumia 930 a shot... but if the lack of external storage proves to be a deal-breaker again, I might be saying yes to the Yezz Billy 4.7. Hopefully the announcement of the Billy 5S means the 4.7's price will drop soon 'cause $200 for a SD200 phone in 2015 that has no LTE/NFC is absolutely ridiculous.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: I think the Yezz Billy 4.7 may just be the best-feeling Windows Phone ever.

I hope it would be available globally a lot of people would take one

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

7.2mm :shocked: That is thin, almost as thin as the iPhone 6 (7.1mm)

720p display, 8MP camera, dual sim - not bad. I don't even think it's too expensive at US $199 considering what you're getting.
Obviously it's not a device for playing games on but as smartphone this thing looks amazing.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if I like the design on the back of the Billy 5S yet... I like that it exists though because maybe the 4.7 will get a price drop.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I thought the L735 was surprisingly thin, not much more than an iPhone 6.

Although I like the non-lumia phones, the lack of updates is a concern. To get update for the Argos/Bush/Archos equivalent of the Blu Win JR, I had to sign up to PfD.

But the Billy is just about the ideal size for my hands.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I can see it now: What phone do you have? Oh, I have he Yezz Billy. Do you have the big Billy or the small Billy? You can imagine the line with colors and other potential versions.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I went ahead and got it.

There has been no less than 150 Yezz Billy jokes since I took it out of the box.

So far though, I love it! The size is great...and while it seems to feel like there's not even a battery inside, there's actually a damn good battery which has impressed me more than any other Windows Phone I've had (aside from the 830 and 1520).

The lack of LTE kinda sucks... but aside from speed tests done for the sole purpose of **** measuring, I can't really say I've ever needed more than 5meg down while I'm on a mobile phone.

And I am kinda losing the battle of camera apps. No Lumia Camera, ProShot won't load...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99