Another Preview for developers app? Possibly for Windows 10?

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Look what I found in the store. Can't login btw,even though I'm part of the Windows Insider Program for PC. Might be for Microsoft employees because it requires a Microsoft domain account. It says more or the less the same thing which the Preview for Developers app stated regarding pre-release software.

Phone Insider | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

No idea what it is. It was last updated a month ago, so was possibly hidden from the store until now. Tipped Windows Central, waiting for their response/article about what it is.

Last edited:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Interesting.
This may be how MS will roll out its windows 10 mobile preview software instead of preview for developers in the coming weeks.
OR its simply early testing builds for MS and some app devs, and will still use preview for developers for users like us.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay, played around with the app.
And, good news! I found a way to bypass the login.
But Bad news! It says "no updates available for this account"

:(

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay well I read the article. Possibility to also receive carrier firmware through it would be absolutely divine. I hope this possibility is true.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe no one followed the link in the description.

Capture.JPG

That link takes you here:
Capture02.JPG

It's the easy-to-use app that provides feedback on use of Windows 10 Desktop preview.

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded the AP and successfully logged in with my Microsoft account. After the process, it says something "You need to have Windows Technical Preview"...followed the link and says something "Sorry, not yet for Windows Phone"...

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe no one followed the link in the description.

View attachment 93416

That link takes you here:
View attachment 93417

It's the easy-to-use app that provides feedback on use of Windows 10 Desktop preview.

Dude:

1- As the person above me commented, this app is for the phone's pre-release software, not desktop.
2- I'm already part of the Windows Insider program but can't sign in from my login-ID.
3- It's for MS employees participating in testing only as the MS domain is used by them as can be seen from here- https://corp.sts.microsoft.com/adfs...&wrefresh=0&whr=http://corp.sts.microsoft.com

4-Also the 'easy to use app' you've highlighted in the description is for the PC, not for the phone.
5-Thankfully, Windows Central has published an article which has confirmed my thoughts.

New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones | Windows Central

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK. Thanks for the updates. We'll see. As they say in the WC article: "take this speculation (and everyone else's) with a grain of salt."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb