Best SD Card?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I just ordered the Nokia Lumia 735 and want to order an SD Card for it, I want a fast one and not one that will make stuff load extremely slow... Does anyone know of any?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure it's a "class 10" card or better. I have a SanDisk Ultra and haven't had one issue with it after 6 months of use. Flawless.. and the speed feels like things load off of it just as fast as the phone's storage.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just make sure it's a "class 10" card or better. I have a SanDisk Ultra and haven't had one issue with it after 6 months of use. Flawless.. and the speed feels like things load off of it just as fast as the phone's storage.

I wish I could say the same, I picked up a 32 gb SanDisk ultra one time. Either it would break my apps or delete my files after moving them to the SD card. Had to hard reset my phone 7 times trying to troubleshoot the problem over a 3 day period. Sucks derriere. :T
Eventually I gave up and stuck to my 64 gb generic that I got from eBay and passed files into it only.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could say the same, I picked up a 32 gb SanDisk ultra one time. Either it would break my apps or delete my files after moving them to the SD card. Had to hard reset my phone 7 times trying to troubleshoot the problem over a 3 day period. Sucks derriere. :T
Eventually I gave up and stuck to my 64 gb generic that I got from eBay and passed files into it only.

Hmm.. You must've had one from a bad batch or defective. Like I said, not a single issue with the one i have. Was yours the same class 10 and version linked above?

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. You must've had one from a bad batch or defective. Like I said, not a single issue with the one i have. Was yours the same class 10 and version linked above?

It's a class 10 u1 SanDisk ultra.
Could being on preview for developers have anything todo with it?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's a class 10 u1 SanDisk ultra.
Could being on preview for developers have anything todo with it?

Absolutely nothing to do with it.. I've been on PFD since they started doing it. The phone reads and writes to storage the same way the retail OS does.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Samsung micro SD user here also.

Best performance all round for me.
Fast, stable and good burst speeds with their SDHC UHS cards.
Not one problem ever across multiple devices.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Would passing a large quantity of files to the sd card while it is in the phone be the cause?
Would it be safer to eject the sd card, transfer all the files, then pop it back in the phone?
Sorry if it is a bit off topic, but I thought it would be handy to know the safest way to use the SD card and benefit others that have had similar problems or help others avoid it altogether, since we're on the topic of SD cards. c;

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Would passing a large quantity of files to the sd card while it is in the phone be the cause?
Would it be safer to eject the sd card, transfer all the files, then pop it back in the phone?
Sorry if it is a bit off topic, but I thought it would be handy to know the safest way to use the SD card and benefit others that have had similar problems or help others avoid it altogether, since we're on the topic of SD cards. c;

I do not think a passing a large quantity of files is a problem.

But ejecting the SD card and place it in the card reader of your pc will reduce the time it takes to copy with a factor 2 to 3.

So if you tread the card proper (not rip it out the phone etc) coping directly on the card will hot harm the card and you save a lot of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo