How do I access my messaging history in the Cloud?

stoli67

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Messaging History is gone - Now what

Now that it is impossible to log into Outlook.com and review SMS messages that have been downloaded from your windows phone, is there another way to do this?

I have backup to the cloud enabled but where does that data end up?

Anyone have a good way to access this data?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Messaging History is gone - Now what

I don't believe you can. The backups are stored in your OneDrive account, but as far as I'm aware you can't access this from the web...

G.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Now that it is impossible to log into Outlook.com and review SMS messages that have been downloaded from your windows phone, is there another way to do this?

I have backup to the cloud enabled but where does that data end up?

Anyone have a good way to access this data?

The back up from messages to one-drive is 2 way so if you delete them from your phone they also are deleted in the "cloud".
What you could do is contact your carrier/provider if they can help you to get them back.

I am not sure if this works but If I do a soft reset the time goes "back" and I get "old" messages again. (or maybe only the notification)
So you could try to set the time and date back maybe than Messages come back.

stoli67

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

I have not lost the messages on my phone but would rather access them on my laptop. Some are work messages that I want to keep.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

How long are backups kept in one drive? Lost my 920 in mid 2013. Gonna buy a 1020 this month.

Tornado92

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Cool thanks
Do note that after 2 years of inactivity (not signing in on your Microsoft account), your Microsoft account will be deleted and cannot be recovered. So just make sure you sign in your Microsoft account once in a while if you want to keep your backup.

Closed account

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I was kind of wondering where they're at as well. It's neat in a way when they come loading onto a new phone, but it's sort of creepy too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99