Windows 8 Messaging app

Benjec83

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was sad that the messaging app was removed from Windows 8.1 - now that they've removed the FB sync from messages on WP8.1, I guess it's not as upsetting - it was great that you could message across both platforms, without having to launch another app - I understand they removed it to allow Facebook messager to prevail, and that it was due to not being able to push updates as quickly as was need from FB's side of things.. anyway.

I just formatted a laptop of mine, and reinstalled Windows 8.. and got way too excited about the Messaging app all over again..

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on doing a copy and paste/manual install onto Windows 8.1? I'm actually reluctant to update to 8.1 at the moment - it's a laptop I don't use a lot, mainly just for working from home - and I'm kinda tempted to just keep it at W8 so I still have the app.

It was one step away from syncing all of your messages across both platforms (like Apple recently only added) and then they took it away.. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss