Conference Call Bridge/ Wait and Pause Dialing

bschiav

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I could have sworn that my windows phones (L900 to L520) used to create a link for the full string of numbers using wait and pause dialing...for some reason, this isn't working anymore (Currently using L830)? Is it a missing feature in 8.1? (Did it never work and I'm a lunatic?)

Example:

1-888-123-4567,123456#

When I enter something like that into a text, email or calendar meeting, only the 1-888-123-4567 will be linked and dialed. I've tried removing the dashes, tried a semicolon instead of a comma. Tried a putting a space after the #. Nothing. I have not yet tried a "p" or "w"...will try that shortly...

This Microsoft documentation describes it working from a contact number...okay...that's fine...but not as helpful as running it from a meeting invite.
Calling options | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Any thoughts? I "think" it's just a missing feature in the 8.1 calendar app (kind of like how I'm still **** hurt by them pulling the Agenda view)

bschiav

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Just noticed if I enter, "1-866-123-4567w123-123-12#" Then I'm getting the last 123-12# linked.

Throwing a mess of different combinations, with or without dashes and w's/p's, etc into an invite just got me sporadic links. No single line and string was fully linked for dialing.

bschiav

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I realize this thread is quickly becoming just an internal monologue for my issues with trying to make conference dialing easier in lieu of an "app"...but I thought I'd share something else learned.

In calendar invites (and possibly emails?) you can use the format "Tel:+1-888-123-4567,12345#" and it will then be read as a link and will dial when selected. I started to search on how to dial a phone number from a URL, and I guess "Tel:" is the standard format for indicating a telephone number in a URL. It works...but only in the body of my meeting invites, it doesn't show as a link if entered into the location of a meeting. Anyways, hope that helps anyone who wants to add a smartphone dial-in link to their meeting (You can also use that syntax in an actual hyperlink if you want to be sure that the client reads it as a hyperlink...but I think that may backfire as not everyone you encounter may be allowing html in their emails/calendar invites)

bschiav

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Still here, talking to myself...anyways, the tip above is hit or miss.

Having better luck including an actual hyperlink with the URL in a meeting invite...chalk it up to feature not yet implemented with Windows Phone yet I guess. At least that closes it..will have to checkout conference calleague.

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi bvone21 - I am the developer of Conference Calleague, let me know if the app meets your needs, or if you have any ideas. Also, Conference Calleague actually allows for clickable hyperlinks in the meeting invites (I figured out a way to do it).

Thanks!

Joe
goodbar development

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6