WP 7.8 does't connect to chat because fb change permissions

Tavares Ferreira

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Since 01/01/2015 fb change permissions and my phone can't connect to fb through messaging>chat
The online tab stop working and it says:
Can't connect to see who's online.

Now it is different, it isn't the battery power safe on, wi-fi or 3g. This is because fb change the permissions!

What can I do to change that, or what MS will do to fix it?

Best regards

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's the very reason why MS decided to get rid of the FB messaging integration in Windows and Windows Phone in the first place. Because any changes Facebook might perform would require an OS level update.
So basically, there's nothing you can change about it and considering that WP 7.x is dead as... dead, there's nothing Microsoft is gonna change about it either.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I have some friends that have WP 8 and it sucks like WP7.
There isn't any WP better than galaxy S3, S4 and S5.

That's your opinion, which heavily differs from mine. ;) I've been using Windows Mobile, Android, iOS and now WP.. For me it's just what I've been looking for, perfect fit. If that doesn't apply to you, that's perfectly fine. But there's a huge difference between "For me it sucks" or "it sucks". The former is your opinion, the latter is bull****. ;)

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
We are on WP 8.1 now so u should probably first use WP 8.1 device before judging the OS based on the stone age 7.8....

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well I have some friends that have WP 8 and it sucks like WP7.
There isn't any WP better than galaxy S3, S4 and S5.

Maybe for you. For many of us, as for me, it isn't near to most WP. There were few people on forum which said they like Lumia 520 more than their S4 and even got rid of it.

I've had chance to use S3 which is basicaly same as my Ativ S, and for me, constantt lagging, freezing and waiting is what sucks. Never would change my Ativ S for S3. Never.

And, if you want to compare, compare fair. Compare WP with android similar to it, not the ancient 7.8 to 600 bucks S5. That is unfair, at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers