Live tiles vs Phone Performance

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have around 130 apps and 95 games (ie 225 in total) installed on my L520, with most apps and games on my class10 16GB sd card.

I got denim a month back and i have got used to live folders, with my start screen loaded with lots of apps in folders.

Recently i started using skype and i miss a lot of skype calls as i dont get notified for the same.(i ve checked battery saver). Is the skype issue i m facing due to lot of tiles on my screen.. Also when i play candy crush, it is not that smooth and lags a lot.

Should i free up my start screen? Has anyone noticed performance related issue due to lot of tiles/folders?

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you hv free space on your sd card and phone ? (couple of GBs)
If not, then delete some files/apps to free up some space.
Apps requires free space to run and store their data
If u hv space then reply!

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got around 60 apps pinned to the start screen of my L1020, 20+ of which are allowed to run and update automatically in the background. I haven't experienced issues related directly to the number of apps pinned on the start screen. However, there will be performance issues when you've got a lot of live tiles updating simultaneously, e.g. in my case eight weather tiles updating almost at the same time causes "Loading" and "Resuming" lags*.

*- I was able to isolate this by turning Airplane Mode on (effectively killing all data connection and all live tile updates) in the middle of the "Resuming" and "Loading" lag... and a few seconds later my phone started responding quickly.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you hv free space on your sd card and phone ? (couple of GBs)
If not, then delete some files/apps to free up some space.
Apps requires free space to run and store their data
If u hv space then reply!

I have very less free space..around 1GB and i delete apps when i reach 400MB or so.. I ll try deleting some games i dont play..

I did notice on my windows 8.1 PC an apparent increase(around ~300MB) in idle RAM usage when start screen is loaded with too many tiles..
I think this might be an issue with low RAM windows phones too..

It's hard to delete apps and games even though i dont use many of them..

Another issue i noticed is that my storage sense shows 0 MB as temp files both in phone and sd card..earlier it used to get filled..i wonder why it is not changing..

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
L520 is a low-end device. One of the oldest to make things worse.
You shouldn't expect much from it even when brand new.
Also having 250 apps total is an addiction, man. I'm not here to judge but you don't need all of them, I'm sure.
Try deleting a few of the ones you rarely use. It quite possibly will make things better.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
^ok I'll try deleting them,
On pc also my programs list remaims cluttered with a lot of programs, on xp the list used to overflow out of the screen.( i had to create subfoldfor them within start menu)
You might be having similar or more no songs on your phone( i have none!) and we can't call it an addiction.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes