Store Apps updates fail

Geedsen

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
My wife asked me what these 'number of Apps where she saw in the notification screen.
I had a look, and saw that since the 1-nov-2014 all her App updates from the store fail.
There is a long list. She is connected to Wifi. The list shows a 'In behandeling' which is Dutch for 'In progress'.
Then one in the list shows 'xMb downloaded', (x could be any number) with a progress bar, sometimes grey sometimes
half green. But the progress bar never continues, after some time the item disappears and gets in a list of Apps that failed
with the request 'To tap', and do a retry. The whole list continues like that , over and over again.

So I changed the Microsoft account password ( I assume the store is 'connected' to that account). Immediately the phone
said there was a problem with the mail, I provided the new password. And mail works but also the store started downloading
the updates again. But the next day it was doing it again, a long list of store updates that keep failing. So what could cause this?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you get a failure code?
which phone she has.
What also is possible is that for a few app which needed updating was removed from the store but your wife got the update request before the app was removed .
Or if the default storage is set to SD sometimes the updates for internal memory fail.
You can also "delete" updates which are pending.
Also check there is still enough storage space.
And a soft reset also does not hurt.
I hope that above will help.

Groetjes Harrie

Geedsen

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
No failure code. The Apps are all standard apps, like Here etc. So we don't want to delete these either. I check storage space, I doubt that is the problem as it is her work phone, she hardly uses for anything else but work. Whet exactly does a soft reset do?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset is basically a fresh start. So all "remaining" processes which should have been closed but are not closed (during a normal power off) are closed.
It will not delete any data.
See link how it is done. (press volume down and power till the phone vibrates)

But if it is here work phone maybe the company "did" something what prevented the updates.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/restart-my-phone

Last edited:

Geedsen

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Ah, if that is a soft reset, I already tried that. Did not know it was called that way. I don't think the company stopped it. Again, it worked for a short moment after changing the password. I wil try that one more time.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Check also date and time after soft reset. It will be set back after a soft reset.

What you also could try is switch location on.
And if you switched the region set it back to the original region.

Geedsen

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I changed the password again, and made sure that I stayed in range of Wifi. All updates were OK now. The previous time I also changed the password, the apps started updating, but when she was out of the Wifi range, not all apps were updated. When she got back in the Wifi range the 'fail' loop started again. No idea what will happen next time when there are updates again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05