Email full resolution image files

jmkid

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
After buying an HP wireless printer that prints directly from email, I wanted to print some photos from my Windows phone. Unfortunately the phone automatically downsizes image files sent via email. I didn't find any real solutions searching online, so a bit of experimenting led me to a work around: email the file(s) via Outlook.com. If you own a Windows phone you have an Outlook email account. On your phone, open Internet Explorer, navigate to Outlook.com and log in. Choose "PC site" on the bottom of the page. Once there, choose "New" to open the composition, then "Insert>Files as attachments" and you can select files from your phone or Onedrive. The attached file(s) will retain the original full resolution.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It seems that the key here is to use a browser as it would appear in a PC to be able to attach the full resolution photos (or any other file) directly from your phone.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Weird that WP does not give us the choice to email photos in their full resolution. I don't understand this limitation.

jmkid

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Just a follow up FYI. I found a new app in the store, Mail-File Attacher. It works great...very quick and easy. Here's the store description:

Mail-File Attacher is the new Windows phone application of the year 2015 with the help of which you can attach any type of files from different locations to a single mail.

You can attach files from different locations such as

★ Photos
★ Phone Data
★ OneDrive
★ SD Card

Additional features include

1) Mail signature.
2) You can zip all files in a single folder to prevent re-sizing of images.
3) You can attach any number of files.
4) You can directly add text from the application.

If you have any doubts you can see the screenshots.
As it is a new app it requires your support. Please review this app to help us improve.
This application is made in India.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes