I dropped my phone and now my GPS is not working, how do I fix it?

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Dropped phone: GPS not working

A few weeks ago I dropped my Lumia 1020 while in my bathroom. It wasn't anything terrible, no physical damage or cracks, it was just a foot or two drop onto a tile floor. However, ever since then, my GPS apps have not been working properly.

The GPS apps are able to locate me, locate my destination, give me the distance, and how long the trip will take me. However, as soon as I "start" the turn by turn navigation, the app does not move with me. It stays where I began, with no speed, distance, or time calculations present. If I stop navigation and leave the app, then reload the route, it will again find my location, but will not give me turn by turn navigations. It just stays in that spot. I can pull up the list of turns, which are accurate, but it will not do it in real time.

I re-installed all GPS apps and have done many soft-resets. Any other ideas before I do a hard-reset? Or could this be hardware related?

Shashank Makkar

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
you can try moving your phone in a horizontal '8' position (more like the symbol infinity) to recalibrate it although it does seem you have inflicted some physical damage .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro