When can I have an 'answering machine' application?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: when can I have 'answerig machine' application?

Because people have voicemail boxes supplied by their carrier....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Why should they. You can use the answering service from your provider.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Also, a problem with a device based "answering machine" app, you would miss calls and messages if you were out of service range, or your battery died, or the phone was otherwise unable to answer the call.
Voicemail (carrier side answering machine if you will), will take your calls even if your phone is dead or unreachable.

Talk to your carrier about setting up VoiceMail (it's included in ALL the prepaid and postpaid plans here in the USA), so I would guess it's included, or at least available, on all cellular plans.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Take a look at the YouMail service online via your PC browser and couple it with ISeeVM App on Windows Phone. If that combo does not do what you want, you will have to spell out clearly what you need from such a service.

I love how it customizes to greet my callers by name if they appear in my contacts. Also the transcripts and playable on the phone voice mails (without dialing a VM box), history, etc. Tons of features. I picked this combo up after switching to Straight Talk which does not support Visual Voice Mail. This beats the snot out of the VVM that T-Mo used to give me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb