Should I buy a Lumia 1520?

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: I wish to buy a new windows phone...

I am waiting and hoping Verizon is friendly again to Microsoft Windows phones this summer with a new flagship phone.
Specifically I would like a larger phone like the 1520 or even a 5.5" but I am not holding my breath...

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
With 1520's going for 225$ on Craigslist....ide just buy a used one now.....and then use my "upgrade" plan, to get the next flagship when I can

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Buy the Lumia 1520. Let me give you my address so you'll know where to ship......

Seriously, though, there are two schools of thought on this one.

1. You like to be budget minded, and the best time to get a flagship is when a new one is about to come out, and you can usually pick up the previous flagship pretty cheap and get more bang for your buck.
2. You want the best hardware available, and have the money to spend, in which case it is best to wait until you see what they come out with. If the new Lumia Flagship is $3000 dollars because it has a holographic display that hovers above the screen, then you'll have to decide on whether or not to take out an extra mortgage on your home. I doubt it would be that, but you never know what kind of features the new flagship is going to have until it comes out.

Microsoft hinted at new hardware that other Lumias simply do not have available and that it was going to be awesome. If seeing it once it comes out will make your burn with envy, then I suggest you do one of two things in this case:
1. Get over it.
2. Patience. Wait for it. Snap it up when it is available. Maybe they're coming out with the 1750.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I would say it is based on your carrier. If you can pick up an unlocked 1520 for cheap then by all means I would go for it.
I don't have that luxury being on Verizon. If nothing good comes out this year on their network then I will look to make a switch to AT&T so that I can get a better choice of Windows phones.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Considering it will benefit from the denim update and supports everything already available I would go ahead and buy it now. I can easily see being happy with my 1520.3 for the next 2 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05