Have I got the official Denim update?

Partha Pratim Seal

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Confused about Firmware

I am from India, Lumia 625 and I was losing my patience to get Denim. 2 days ago I enrolled for Preview for Developers and received several updates including Denim(It didn't seem to be official). Today after a Soft Reset when I turned on my phone I faced several problems. Error while checking for Updates, Microsoft and Google accounts couldn't sync. So I Unenrolled from PFD app(unchecking the box) and performed a Hard Reset. Now, after getting back to Cyan I was downloading the updates. But, Now I noticed that it is showing Lumia Denim in "extras+info" . I checked the page availability in asia pacific page. It says the latest Lumia 625 version is Cyan (Firmware: 3058.50000.1424.0003 ) . But the Firmware version of my current OS is 3058.50000.1424.10478 . Right now I 'm totally confused. is it the OFFICIAL denim or is it the Developer's version?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Confused about Firmware

For 625 there is no new firmware with Denim updates so whatever u get with DP is basically what u get with denim and as a result once u update ur phone to the latest OS and unchecked from preview ur extras +info will also start showing it as Denim.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No it's not the official Denim it's the P4D version.

Bye the way the problems you got after the soft reset where highly likely due to a wrong time/date.
After a soft reset the date and time are set back to the date/time of the last OS update. So a tip for the next time is check date and time after a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs