Lumia 520 ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down

Shashank Holla

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

OK, So I was updating the calendar app for WP8.1 released a few days ago, and suddenly my Lumia 520 hung with a dark screen. I waited a couple of minutes, but it didnt respond. So I pulled the battery out and tried to start it again, and there we go. I am stuck at a message saying ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down right after the Nokia logo which comes for 2-3 seconds after I press the power button. I tried removing the battery and pressing the power button for 30sec (discharing, which works for PCs) but to no avail.

I am downloading the NSU software which is 1.5GB. It is going to take me a few more hours to complete.
Any idea what I can do?
I called Nokia and they say they are going to charge me $60 for the repair. Crazy, I bought it for a $110.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I would say a Hard Reset, if not, looks like a repair or replacement...
If Hard Reset doesn't work, try the software, you can't brick it anymore!

G.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Start looking for a new phone.

By the way a soft reset is better for a phone than getting the battery out.

Battery pull on a powered on phone can play heck with the OS and hardware... Yet I consistently see posters recommending it rather than a Soft Reset all the time.

Makes me sad.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You can't fix it with nsu, because probably your motherboard is dead(had the same problem)... Better buy a new phone, if you don't have warranty...Sorry...

vssharma07

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Lumia 520. Its saying Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down. If you have solved the problem then please let me know. I had also downloaded that 1.50GB of data but it is of no use as the windows device recovery tool does not identifies my phone model, i.e., Lumia 520.
If there is any solution, please let me know :unhappysweat:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs