Best way to move my music over

dgorny23

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I used to have an android phone. Been using windows for a little while. Started with a HTC OneX then to a 928, now an Icon. All my music when I used an android played thru Amazon mp3. I dunno if there will ever be an amazon mp3 app for windows so I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and what you did about it. I have all my music on the computer as well in ITunes and also a music folder I created. Is there a way to get my music to Xbox music somehow? That would also let me get my music on my Xbox One correct? Or is there another app that you use? Thanks for your help!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OneDrive is going to have a so called Music Locker in the future. Not sure if that's gonna happen before launch of Windows 10 or not, but you'll be able to stream all the music stored there to your Xbox One, Windows Phone or any other Windows 10 device. As for now you would need to be an Xbox Music subscriber to be able to have all your music available via streaming. And that only counts for songs the Xbox Music service has available in their own catalogue. Songs not recognized by Xbox Music are not available for streaming. So you would have to have all these songs on the devices you want to play them on. I keep the music I want stored directly on my phone. I'm not using any fancy synchronization app or something, I just copy all the files using Windows Explorer. On my Surface Pro 3 I keep the music in the dedicated library, which lets me access it from my Xbox One using the Media Player app. This way I'm pretty good and don't need no Xbox Music subscription.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I moved over from Google Play Music to Xbox Music....added everything I could from streaming and then what was left over I downloaded and copied to an SD card. That way I am not using up my phones internal storage and I can easily pop it into future phones.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Media Monkey and MusicBee are programmes that can sync playlists from your Windows PC to your Windows Phone in a structured way, i.e. you can determine the file names and location, change the format so it can play on WP, you can also sync back playcounts but this can get a little tricky.

dgorny23

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Dkp, thanks for the info, also the two other people thank you as well. I wish I had an SD card slot on my phone. I have my music in that and have an android phone that I use as an MP3 player. Just wanna consolidate!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte