Buying an app outside the US

mikelo90

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
So, I live in Serbia. Here, MS has not provided a way to buy an app from the WP store.
I very much want to get the Appy Weather app, but it costs $3. So, I thought maybe there might be a way I can do that by using Bing rewards. I set my Bing (and my phone) region settings to US, and right now I have about 400 bing points. I click on redeem, and I find myself in a state of shock after seeing that MS prevented my little "workaround" by asking me for a confirmation phone number that needs to be US.
My question is - is there any possible way for me to get this app? Thanks in advance :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I live in Serbia. Here, MS has not provided a way to buy an app from the WP store...

This can not be... There is absolutely NO method for purchase of Apps in Serbia? I find that very hard to believe. Perhaps just not a method you have on hand, such as a credit card? Maybe they do not have carrier billing? You should still be able to use a Microsoft Prepaid Gift Card in your Region's store. IMHO, you would be better served finding out how to purchase a Msft Gift Card in Serbian currency for use in your Regional Store. Or perhaps a refillable "Credit Card" you can link to the proper store.

mikelo90

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
No support for the usual credit cards from my region (at least as far as I know, maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong).
Carrier billing not available.
I couldn't find a single place to buy a MS gift card - MS doesn't have a regional store in Serbia :(
Thanks for the reply, I'll try a little harder to find somebody selling those cards. :)

Jacky Singh

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought using paypal. Just sign up at paypal and in windowsphone.com, add your payment detail as paypal (basically connect paypal). Hope it works.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Paypal should work just fine. Gift Cards for your Microsoft Account are available online. You can even get them off of ebay as an online code.

redkanji

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
mikelo, set your region to US, and install appy weather with try option. Then switch region back to Serbia, and you will be able to buy it. Komercialna banka, Raiffeisen banka, Banka Intesa and surely many other have the card for internet payment.
I know that, because I spent over 6000din so far to buy apps. BTW, I'm from Subotica. :)

mikelo90

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
mikelo, set your region to US, and install appy weather with try option. Then switch region back to Serbia, and you will be able to buy it. Komercialna banka, Raiffeisen banka, Banka Intesa and surely many other have the card for internet payment.
I know that, because I spent over 6000din so far to buy apps. BTW, I'm from Subotica. :)

Thanks a lot, man. I did that and it worked :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos