Hotmail WP 8.1 Calendar not syncing with Windows 8.1

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
When I input an event into my calendar on my WP 8.1 device it doesn't sync up with my outlook calendar on my Surface 2 or the web app. However, if I add the event from my Surface 2 or the web app it will show up on my phone calendar.

An interesting note - in the "settings" menu uder email accounts when I click on my Microsoft account the only option I get for content to sync is mail. Could this be the culprit?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's how it has been since 8.x was launched. I don't think it has anything to do with the settings but mostly with the calendar app. Have you let it run in the background?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. WTF, the whole point of a synced and shared calendar is that we can add/edit/delete from anywhere. So now even though my wife and I are sharing a calendar on the exact same MS account, her WP calendar is different than the outlook.com calendar, which is different than my WP calendar. This is absolutely frustrating!!! We have been missing appointments and meetings!

H_UY

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem.
I think it started a couple of weeks ago, after the last update of Calendar. I received it on January 28, 2015, updated to version 1.0.15087.0.
I'm pretty sure it worked fine before this.
It is really frustrating!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am sorry your having problems. I have the 1520 on ATT and I use Simple Calendar which syncs almost instantaneously with the stock calendar. When I put an event into Outlook 2007 it generally emails the appointment to both on board calendars so I don't have any missed appointments like you have described. Occasionally their may be a problem but I rely on my on device calendar to notify about events. But I check to make sure they are on outlook on my laptop. I just made an appointment while I was in the middle of this post and it went through to all devices. Tablet laptop and 1520. I'll try to think about the issues raised and see what I can come up with.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Just a thought have you checked on your settings for all devices to make sure that synch on all devices is checked. If not there's probably the solution. I'm pretty sure the default is set to not allowed. You have to opt in.

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I entered calendar entries in the calendar.live.com and they show up there. They do not show up on my phone.

When I go to: Settings... Email+Accounts... long press Microsoft Account and hit "sync", I get:

"Outlook Error. Last updated 3 seconds ago. We're having a problem connecting. Try again later. Last tried 3 seconds ago. Error code:0"

Malcolm Harden

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have seen many reports across the web about this issue and have yet to see a fix. This seems like a widely reported Win 8.1Mobile bug. Anyone seen a fix yet? Absurd to not be able to see your calendar on your phone....

some names

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm on windows phone 8.1 as well and a few months ago my calendar (ver 1.0.15087.0) events all disappeared (everything, not just the 6 months in advance) and when I create new ones they disappear as well.

I changed nothing and understand my phones settings extensively.

I have searched online and been trying to fix this for two weeks but only found that this issue seems like the same glitch that happened back in 2014 going from version 1.0.14127.246 to 1.0.14127.247.

Also tried deleting OEM apps by changing the phones date trick. Deleted everything but calendar.

Any help out there on this?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre