Windows Phone App not launching on OS X Yosemite

qwerty0033

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a MacBook Pro Retina running OS X Yosemite and a Nokia Lumia 925 running WP8.1. In order to transfer music, I would normally use the Windows Phone Transfer App, which ran fine on my older MBP running Mountain Lion which is currently out of service. The problem is, I have downloaded the same WP Transfer App for OS X onto my Yosemite system, and I have only ever managed to start up the app once, which is after the first install. Upon exiting it, I have never been able to relaunch the app at all, even after numerous reinstalls. Clicking on the app icon now only makes it appear to be launched in the dock, but the main window does not appear at all, rendering it absolutely useless. Does anyone else experience this issue? Or is there anyway at all you could suggest for me to properly reinstall the app? I've already tried AppCleaner.

Cheers!

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think areewahab is right. I was able to install the Windows Phone Connector on Yosemite, and it would run, but would not connect the phone. I downgraded to OSX Mavericks and was able to connect the phone through Windows Phone like you'd expect. I also posted this as feedback in the Apple app store, but I don't think it showed up...

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think I found the solution, courtesy of a smart person on the Internet. There was a discussion on the apple forums where I found the answer. Here's the apple site: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6723850 and the answer is here: Windows Phone 7 and OS X Yosemite
In a nutshell, you have to slightly edit the Windows Phone app. Directions use terminal to do precisely that. Before you start, I suggest you save a copy of the original app just in case things go awry. I already did the work for using with Yosemite, and tried it with Mavericks (still works!). Will update to Yosemite and post my results...once I get the Time Machine backup done.
[edit] I can confirm that this worked with my machine. Got the Yosemite update done and the modified Windows Phone app works!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers