Where are all the Windows Phones?

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is Microsoft killing Windows Phone? We lost a phone, I started looking for a replacement and it is very hard to find any good Windows phones anymore. Verizon does not sell any Microsoft or Nokia branded cell phones as of today. Tmobile models are crap and AT&T no longer carries the 1020, only lesser models, albeit the 830 is not bad. I am looking at getting a 929 or 930 unlocked, but I am learning there may be limits with AT&T.

I have also learned Chase is killing there app, so I was planning to switch to Bank of America, but there killing there's as well. So I guess its Wells Fargo...

I suppose when Windows 10 comes out the new flagship rumors will come true, but so far these are just rumors and I don't know if I can wait a year for new devices. And who knows when the developers will show up.. Does Microsoft care or do I just finally need to bite into the rotten apple billions...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would say get a cheap phone to hold you over :) it's what I did; now I have a 920 and I'm still amazed at how well it runs even with 8.1 on it. Also it would be better to simply get an unlocked phone, especially if you're getting a "reasonably" priced one

Edit: No MS is not killing WP.. They stated that we would have to wait and at this point they know that most of us want a flagship that can compete with the best of them, so I'm willing to wait :) For now we can all be at ease, because the things they showed during the last event seem to indicate that MS will revamp the WP, not quite in aesthetics, but internally and those small changes could end up carrying a tremendous punch.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
if you can swing it. buy an 830 off contract and use it until the new flagship comes out. It is a pretty good phone. The flagship that was supposed to be released during the Christmas time was pulled because Microsoft felt that the tech. that was in it was not ready. That left a hole in the sequence. Just need to hang tight.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
now is your chance to buy unlocked! trust me you will love it and a serious hate for carrier logos on phones will emerge...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A Lumia Icon used unlocked probably wont have LTE, MMS, tethering working properly.

An unlocked 930 will work perfectly on AT&T except for no LTE.

The HTC One M8 for Windows is still a great option.

830 is also an option, but if you want to wait a few months, you can do that. I'd be a device I'd be happy with personally.

Wells Fargo has reaffirmed their support of Windows, welcoming the customers that are leaving BoA or Chase for the app reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss