Why are my group messages sending duplicate messages?

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Group messages duplicating, and Microsoft account problems

Good day,

I have ran into a problem that is related to the outlook.com service that currently makes it impossible for me to receive my e-mails.

I have registered with a freemail.hu domain account when I created my Msft account a few years ago, and I've been using that ever since. But now I started using Mail in Windows 8.1 and it didn't work with it, so I needed to change the Microsoft account primary address to an outlook.com domain address in order to get it working.

A few hours later outlook.com stopped syncing mail with my freemail.hu account (which is where I receive all my mail) and every single time I send a message in the group messaging feature of the Messaging app on Windows Phone, I receive the same message from the new primary address I've set - a few minutes later. That means my phone is constantly ringing as I receive my own messages - this is utterly ridiculous. Is there something to do about this?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Group messages duplicating, and Microsoft account problems

I am not exactly sure what your setup is, but I think with your accounts you are sending mail via your second account(outlook) which forwards everything via your .hu account and as the main account is hooked to outlook you are sending the message back in a circle.

I would say keep all your accounts and start the setup afresh. It might be easier to check settings from the beginning rather than try to untangle the knots in this situation.

cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99