Wifi status icon forever showing activity

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed over the past week or so that when my 1520 is connected to my home Wi-Fi the activity arrow is on solid. It was never like this before and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do this on works Wi-Fi. When I disable Wi-Fi the ATT LTE connection doesn't show activity constantly. Any ideas what's going on? It is literally showing network activity all of the time. It doesn't blink off now and then at all. The phone seems to be working properly and data sense doesn't show anything using tons of data over Wi-Fi.....

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed over the past week or so that when my 1520 is connected to my home Wi-Fi the activity arrow is on solid. It was never like this before and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do this on works Wi-Fi. When I disable Wi-Fi the ATT LTE connection doesn't show activity constantly. Any ideas what's going on? It is literally showing network activity all of the time. It doesn't blink off now and then at all. The phone seems to be working properly and data sense doesn't show anything using tons of data over Wi-Fi.....

Check if your phone is allowed to send feedback in Settings > feedback. Feedback is only sent over WiFi and since you mentioned that there is no observable data usage indicated in Data Sense, this might be the cause of the WiFi activity. Note that though WiFi activity is active it doesn't mean that the entire bandwidth of the WiFi is used, especially because the amount of feedback data sent is limited by default.

Scott K2

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this same issue.

I can't see any items specifically using extra data, or extra battery power but my phone feels like it's dying faster than normal.

If I disable wifi, the data arrow stays on solid over cellular instead. If I turn on wifi it switches back.

The arrow is SOLID. It does not flicker at all.

I even hard reset the phone and it came right back up like this.

Seriously wondering if I got hacked.

coldmail-inlook

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this same issue.

I can't see any items specifically using extra data, or extra battery power but my phone feels like it's dying faster than normal.

If I disable wifi, the data arrow stays on solid over cellular instead. If I turn on wifi it switches back.

The arrow is SOLID. It does not flicker at all.

I even hard reset the phone and it came right back up like this.

Seriously wondering if I got hacked.
A few days ago I started having this too... Has anyone come up with a solution that works?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos