How can I get my People Hub to show my Facebook contacts?

Mr Question himself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Facebook integration in People Hub

After 8.1 update, my facebook contacts didn't sync, so i removed the account and re-added facebook. but now, my people hub doesn't even show any facebook contacts. how can i get them back?

Mr Question himself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Facebook integration in People Hub

i did that like a hundred times...... it is connected, but there's a "sync now" option too which if clicked says, "we aren't able to sync right now, try a bit later"...not the exact words but the gist of it. anyway, it doesn't sync....and i'm irritated.

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Facebook integration in People Hub

1.Go to Facebook > Settings > connect with my phone
2. Scroll through people hub. Still not there??
3. Go to people hub. Tap those three dots icon below. Settings > Filter contacts. Ensure Facebook contacts are enabled

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think people always overlook this setting (or don't realize its there): There's that on/off switch in the people hub filter settings where you can show or hide contacts with phone numbers. Chances are most people don't put their phone number on fb. And I think it defaults to only people with phone numbers show up.

Mr Question himself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
its not that i know about that feature.... i tried all possible means, did a soft reset and re-installed facebook and messenger but still had no contacts, even though i had selected the option to show my facebook contacts. This morning, i found the solution to it!
i don't know why the problem occured, but there is an option in messenger app to sync contacts.... it was not there before, but now that i turned it on, i went to facebook app and synced the contacts, now all my contacts were there. :love::smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss