Lumia Camera 5 | Portrait messed up?

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a small concern here.. I noticed that whenever I took portrait photos and tried to send them via facebook messenger or viber, whatsapp, anything, the photo would send in landscape mode. The photos would show as they should in the photos app. It happened with the new Lumia Camera app. It's not happening with the Lumia Camera Classic app.. A couple examples..

How pictures appear in the Photos app when taken with both Lumia Camera and Lumia Camera Classic.

xiZwi50.png

How photos appear when I actually want to share them via facebook messenger..

EEcvr7K.png

LEFT - Lumia Camera Classic
RIGHT - Lumia Camera

My phone is a newly bought Lumia 930.

Does anyone know why is this happening or how I can fix it so the Lumia Camera app gets it right? Both have the same exact settings.. Anyone else is having this issue? Thanks.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you should try deactivating the Rotation lock.. Some camera apps save photos depending on what system says and not the real position on your phone.. The same happened to me with WhatsApp.. Try again without rotation lock and tell if anything changes

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but nothing helps. I'm now certain it's a software issue in the Denim update. I can only take portrait photos with Lumia Camera Classic.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Though I've really nothing to say to help you, I'll just add my experience. I wouldn't say due to denim update. I'm still on cyan with my 1520. This happens to me as well. There was actually an old thread on it but was never resolved too. I'm gonna subscribe here to see if there are any new findings

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Though I've really nothing to say to help you, I'll just add my experience. I wouldn't say due to denim update. I'm still on cyan with my 1520. This happens to me as well. There was actually an old thread on it but was never resolved too. I'm gonna subscribe here to see if there are any new findings
So this has been going on for ages on all devices that have "advanced cameras" of some sorts? My 925 never had this issue.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So this has been going on for ages on all devices that have "advanced cameras" of some sorts? My 925 never had this issue.

Lucky you mate that you didn't get to experience it before. Even with the default camera it happens on my 1520. The only workaround I do now is if I need to send a pic, I do it in landscape mode instead of portrait.

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Lucky you mate that you didn't get to experience it before. Even with the default camera it happens on my 1520. The only workaround I do now is if I need to send a pic, I do it in landscape mode instead of portrait.

I'm sorry this is happening to you.. But did you try all apps? Lumia Camera and Camera (default app) have the same issue for me. Lumia Camera Classic works fine.

That's the link.. http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=80b4b4a2-f7aa-49f0-b8ab-7b7390ce1014

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
At least you've got a much better workaround now. I've pinned the LCC on the start screen for when I need portrait photos. Still sucks that we have to do it this way.. Waiting on Windows 10 I guess..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss