Why is IE so horrible?

frostphase

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Constant resizing of pages and refreshing. Can't leave YouTube comments. Random crashes, back doesn't work correctly. The list goes on and on, even the desktop version of IE is horrible.

But..

Why?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
something is definitely wrong on your end since IE is adequate here on both mobile and desktop.

but yes, why would that be...
what devices?
I would suggest to clear out the history and other browser junk.
Perhaps soft reset too.

On the desktop, you may want to look into using "sfc /scannow" to check out the PC for system file corruption. (breathed new life into my laptop's 8.1 install)

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Constant resizing of pages and refreshing. Can't leave YouTube comments. Random crashes, back doesn't work correctly. The list goes on and on, even the desktop version of IE is horrible.

But..

Why?

I use IE on all my devices and I have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, I can't relate to any of that. Are you sure it isn't just one or two obscure poorly coded sites that you are visiting a lot?

MohitKJain

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
IE on my Lumia 730 is definitely horrible. Drop down menus won't work, links would not respond to click and so on. The experience on Wp 8.1.1 is definitely very poor, almost horrible. It was much better on wp8.1. However, IE on desktop works like magic. Left Firefox for IE, and never turned back since then. 😊

frostphase

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You can't criticize any aspect of windows phone here. No one here has had a single issue with their WP and if you have an issue, well it's your fault.

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
You can't criticize any aspect of windows phone here. No one here has had a single issue with their WP and if you have an issue, well it's your fault.

Let see. You - why is IE so bad - make list of very generic problems.

Person says they don't have that problem...so obviously they are wrong and you are right. In fact they are so wrong and the hundreds of coders that make the IE code all day, and surf thousands of webpages, actually MILLIONS of pages, more than you will ever visit, are wrong too. In fact the IE team was like, you know what, no pages work, it's always crashing....success we have a product.

Do you see how one sided and dumb founded your post is?

Not to mention when they ask you to clarify - you come off as simply your next posts. In fact you are going back to android, and let me guess your gonna trade in your 635 for a S4/S5/Z1s/Z3 or some other phone that is worth 300+ (maybe you will spring for a moto g or x if your pockets are feeling heavy).

I troubleshoot Android all day, and if you think android has a fraction of the errors wp does, you are living in a denial and your about as smart as your comments here. My entire day is exchanging Androids for crashing. Funny thing is, my favorite android Z3, which has no apps because it is our pod test phone? Wont even open up the playstore anymore, google services has stopped. God the times I hear this in a week is enough to keep me away from android as my main phone (I own a few of them).

So, do us all a favor and me. Post what webpages you are getting problems on. Post the link, I will open them up in my phone, and we can see what problems you have.

The only problems I have are mouseover heavy webpages, like PhoneArena - which a long press where the mouse over works (doesn't work on all sites though).

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
IE on my Lumia 730 is definitely horrible. Drop down menus won't work, links would not respond to click and so on. The experience on Wp 8.1.1 is definitely very poor, almost horrible. It was much better on wp8.1. However, IE on desktop works like magic. Left Firefox for IE, and never turned back since then. ��

What websites were not working for you? I haven't had a lot of those problems yet, I have had some mouse over menus not work right. But when you tap on the menu it opens that section of the website anyway and I can hyperlink from there.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
At least I'll be able to do something as simple as use a web browser.

As far as I'm concerned, your the only one that has an issue with your browser. And by the way, the lagging will slow your browser on your Android so much to the point of inoperability. Have fun.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's awful for me since Denim. I mean awful. Everything you have mentioned in addition to not registering my taps or touches. For instance, I can no longer hold down to open in new tab. It either registers as a quick touch or mostly doesn't register at all. It's awful, I have cleared everything and dine multiple soft resets and no improvement. It's unusable.

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
It's awful for me since Denim. I mean awful. Everything you have mentioned in addition to not registering my taps or touches. For instance, I can no longer hold down to open in new tab. It either registers as a quick touch or mostly doesn't register at all. It's awful, I have cleared everything and dine multiple soft resets and no improvement. It's unusable.

Try the MS software recovery tool it worked for my 1020 that had issues with an update.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
What websites were not working for you?

When i was using WP8.1, ign.com menus (hamburger) werent accessible and certain text couldnt be read (review score as an example). rogers.com menu (hamburger) also did not work. There were a few more sites where the menus didnt work or couldnt display pages properly. No issues on safari or chrome.

UpYourButtJobu

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same issues... I came from a Android platform to try the Windows phone and have the same or similar issues... I cannot even go to read the news fox5vegas.com, abcnews.com, etc. Without force closes everytime... Also, the selection/cut/copy/paste not only is Android generation one style but you can't even select text anywhere you want in the phone! If Microsoft is going to compete with Android they need to step it up and can't be shipping phones that have feature Android had 3-5 years ago... You know that there is an issue when Windows mobile has been around for over 10 years but they have been past up in the quality and features. They are way behind... My Android was my one device for everything... Nexus5 using $30 Chromecast to a desktop monitor via hdmi port, $3 OTG split y cable from Amazon for using a wireless keyboard mouse combo, Wireless wi-fi HP color laser printer... I haven't used my HP Windows laptop in 2 years... I've even been able to sign contracts with my real hand signature using this setup... Going back to Android.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
m.fox5vegas.com is the only local news site that works for me on here. The rest of the local channels sites won't render correctly on mobile IE. But I feel your pain. It feels like we're a couple generations behind the 2 big mobile platforms. And it's been that way for years now. I love my 1520, just hate the limitations.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Criticizing has nothing to do with the responses you're getting. Try describing the problem, what exactly you're doing when you encounter the problem and what device you're on and perhaps someone can give you some suggestions. Your position of "I'm having a bad experience therefore all of Windows Phone sucks" is just silly. Believe it or not, sometimes it is just you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb