Microsoft should release its new Outlook, office, calendar app right now for Windows phone 8.1 ., who's with me?

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft should release its new outlook, office, calendar app right now for Windows phone 8.1 .

Windows 10 for phone would only be released in 4-6 month timeframe. While Microsoft continues to claim windows phone have better productivity in their ads at least in my country, they keep releasing better software to android/IOS. OK, it's part of their strategy to expand on other platforms but don't make false claims anymore. Everyone now taunts me when they compare productivity level with their droids/IOS. At least for these 6 months give us something to cling on to. Seriously many people will still use wp8 even after the release of 10. By the looks of it they have abandoned the wp8 even before the release of wp10.
Release them as separate apps instead of saying it would need to update the OS to get the apps.

Do you agree that we need those apps NOW?

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Microsoft should release its new outlook, office, calendar app right now for Windows phone 8.1 .

I do agree with you on the thought that these should be installable without needing to upgrade to Windows 10. There's a good chance that some people will never get Windows 10 thanks to their carriers. If Microsoft can release great standalone apps for iOS and Android, it seems strange that they couldn't do that for their own platform.

But for some reason I have a feeling that if they didn't bake the apps in directly to the OS, they might end up just being a nightmare in terms of performance. Take Xbox Music for instance. Although it's gotten better over time, now that it's integrated more deeply again in Windows 10 the difference is like day and night. If they released Outlook as a standalone app, we might have to stare at a splash screen for a while everytime we wanted to check our email.

I really hope that Microsoft addresses whatever is going on behind the scenes with Windows 10 so that 3rd party apps can run just as well as 1st party native ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss