What's holding you from leaving windows phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey , I was really frustrated yesterday because of the app thing in our platform, and then almost made up my mind to go to Android , but then thought again and couldn't imagine having a phone without Cortana or Lumia camera ❤ what about you guys? What is it making you stay with wp, let's share the good things about our OS

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
If Apple releases an iPhone with wireless charging (preferably the "universal" kind that works on all existing chargers) and, in my dream fantasy land, ups the resolution a bit (oversampling?), I'm gone.

Kind of holding out hope that the larger iPhones get camera upgrades like that. Ooh, xenon too, while I'm dreaming.

;)

Edit: MS services, ProShot, ginormously full app store = I could live without tiles and AMOLED.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
True the UI is spectacular 😍 hope it doesn't change a lot with windows 10 , when I open cellular settings I love the transitions and everything

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The possibilities of Windows 10, Camera (1020), If I bought an android phone it would be a Galaxy note 4 which is a little out of my price range right now.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I love the UI, on IOS my mom had trouble with her phone and androids bloatware is what keeps me away from both those devices, no real bloatware on windows phone since windows is all about allowing their users freedom.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
TBH not a great deal at the moment. Been on WP since the first week of it's release and kind of ready for a change.
Would like an iPhone but not prepared to pay their inflated prices.
Android is looking a lot nicer nowadays although the home screen isn't as nice as WP.
The only other os's that really interest me UI wise are Jolla/Sailfish and Ubuntu. But don't want to have to go through the lack of apps situation all over again.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, my nephew brought me his GS4 to root it for him and to install CM. (there is even one of my posts here "via WCentral app for Android".) :)
After I done that, I played a bit with phone... It was no laggy, since I just installed new software, but! I checked the Playstore... Same old crap I seen over 1 1/2 year since my last Android! Same old ugly UI (tough, CM looks better to me than stock). Permissions for this, permissions for that, just to install stupid game! Android has it all, but all of that was nothing comparing to security I fell using my 930. UI's can't be compared! I appriciate all the WP is giving and I like that it's so much different than Android. So, nothing keeps me to stay with WP. I want to. :)

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, my nephew brought me his GS4 to root it for him and to install CM. (there is even one of my posts here "via WCentral app for Android".) :)
After I done that, I played a bit with phone... It was no laggy, since I just installed new software, but! I checked the Playstore... Same old crap I seen over 1 1/2 year since my last Android! Same old ugly UI (tough, CM looks better to me than stock). Permissions for this, permissions for that, just to install stupid game! Android has it all, but all of that was nothing comparing to security I fell using my 930. UI's can't be compared! I appriciate all the WP is giving and I like that it's so much different than Android. So, nothing keeps me to stay with WP. I want to. :)

I like the last sentence !!

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
TBH not a great deal at the moment. Been on WP since the first week of it's release and kind of ready for a change.
Would like an iPhone but not prepared to pay their inflated prices.
Android is looking a lot nicer nowadays although the home screen isn't as nice as WP.
The only other os's that really interest me UI wise are Jolla/Sailfish and Ubuntu. But don't want to have to go through the lack of apps situation all over again.
I think that the app problem will vanish after windows 10 update , don't you think?

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think that the app problem will vanish after windows 10 update , don't you think?
The problem will remain.

Yay, everyone using Win7 and Win 8.x can upgrade free to Windows 10. But how many WILL upgrade? Nobody knows, but it won't be ALL of them.

I think many developers will have a wait-and-see attitude. No point in developing if the market still isn't large enough.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
The problem will remain.

Yay, everyone using Win7 and Win 8.x can upgrade free to Windows 10. But how many WILL upgrade? Nobody knows, but it won't be ALL of them.

I think many developers will have a wait-and-see attitude. No point in developing if the market still isn't large enough.

Wel if they consider windows 10 running on PCs then it would be large enough (which I didn't think of tbh !! ) if however they took the market share as the PHONES running Windows 10 then it would be yet another disaster

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
In love with Cortana. LOL. Its a great product. The ease of use, the great touchscreen and the colors are amazing. My Nokia 735 seems to be optimized well to get the best out of the phone.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone itself keeps me on Windows Phone. I love it all. I love the UI, I love the tiles, I live the wonderful keyboard and simplistic messaging app... I tried typing with my Sisters android phone and the keyboard was a mess! Typing was so much more of a hassle than on Windows Phone. Continuing... I live the Integration with Windows (especially that photos app once you upgrade to Win 10 on PC), and I love the Xbox integration. Windows Phone... The best mobile OS in the world keeps me on Windows Phone!!!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, tbh it's really the camera itself of Lumia that keeps me here and the fact I don't like the way the other OS looks.

I'm not as a big a fan of the OS as I used to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro