Questions about battery consumption?

PQuirco

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Good morning to all! I wanted to ask about the battery consumption:

1 - background light consumes more battery than the dark? (I have the Lumia 620 with TFT)
2. find my phone spends lot of battery?
3- Tap to wake and glance spends lot of battery?

Sorry for my English, helped me bing translator: p

Thanks!!! :)

PQuirco

May 9, 2014
Visit site
a day and half, but wanted to know more than anything if these things mentioned, spend a lot of battery or not, especially the point 1 and 2.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What device do you have? If you have an lcd screen the entire screen is powered so light or dark won't make much difference. But if you have an amoled screen the pixels that are black are turned off, and don't use power, so having a light display theme will use more power.

Having location on will use more power than if it were off, but honestly not all that much.

Same again with tap to wake and glance these things do use more battery than if they were turned off.

It's the difference between functionality and battery performance.

PQuirco

May 9, 2014
Visit site
What device do you have? If you have an lcd screen the entire screen is powered so light or dark won't make much difference. But if you have an amoled screen the pixels that are black are turned off, and don't use power, so having a light display theme will use more power.

Having location on will use more power than if it were off, but honestly not all that much.

Same again with tap to wake and glance these things do use more battery than if they were turned off.

Thank you!! :) Helped me a lot!

PQuirco

May 9, 2014
Visit site

one last question, which is best, use automatic brightness, or adjust it manually?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Good morning to all! I wanted to ask about the battery consumption:

1 - background light consumes more battery than the dark? (I have the Lumia 620 with TFT)

2. find my phone spends lot of battery?

3- Tap to wake and glance spends lot of battery?

Sorry for my English, helped me bing translator: p

Thanks!!! :)

Lumia 620 user here.
Location, double tap to wake and glance use very little or negligible battery drain but provide productivity and save time. Having location on most of the times improves your search results and other apps. So having these three features on is totally worth it.
I don't know much about the difference between LCD and AMOLED as Muessig told you but I've always used the dark theme because it's easy on the eyes.
Glad to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99