Any way to reboot without power button?

RossJG

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All the reboot apps out there seem to have a caveat that they only work in 8.0 and not 8.1. Is there any other way to force a reboot without the power button?

Reason for this is the side buttons on my 920 stopped working early last month. I got a replacement side button ribbon cable for $5, but this did not work so presumably the issue is on the board. I'm trying to hold out until MS releases a new flagship, so I've been waking the phone with double-tap to wake, putting it to sleep with the "touch lock" app tile, and changing media&ringer volume by locking/unlocking the phone while media is playing, and using the volume pulldown there. Only things I haven't figured out how to do are change in-call volume and reboot.

And at the moment, I'm experiencing a bug (with media playback, had this once before when my buttons still worked and resolved by rebooting) which I'd like to alleviate by rebooting, and not wait until the battery drains down to 0%, or ripping the phone apart and disconnecting the battery.

Anyone know of any way to reboot 8.1 without the power button? Or, for that matter, change in-call volume w/o volume buttons?

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
There are apps available for it on the store. For both powering off and rebooting. Just search for them. Good luck. 😃
There is an app called 'Reboot Now'. I'd recommend that one.

RossJG

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, those options work great (the keyboard, region and vibrate options). And you're correct hprves, judging from the comments in the apps.

Does anyone know any workarounds for setting in-call volume w/o side buttons? I've figured out how to set media and ringer, but not in-call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit