Viber: Serious privacy issue

cpereira7

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Viber sends the wrong image!!! I will explain the scenario:

I have taken a photo using the Lumia Selfie App, and applied a filter to it. As you may know the phone keeps the original photo and the edited one.

I want to send that last photo to my friend, and so I did, on the conversation screen appears the photo that I wanted to send, but when I have open it, the original photo was there and that was the file sent to my friend's phone.

And so the wrong file was sent!! Then even more weird...

I have deleted the photo that Viber sent by "mistake" and open again the picture on the Viber. Still the right thumbnail, but this time I could see another photo taken with the Lumia Selfie App, and If I kept deleting pictures one by one Viber would replace it by another picture on my phone. When finally deleted all the files, Viber showed and error message saying that something was wrong with the service.

Since I think the files are transfered to the phone's, my friend only got the wrong picture one time, but imagine if she could see a random photo of my phone every time she opened it.

I think this is a serious bug that needs to be addressed, since sending wrong pictures is a violation of the user's privacy and can, at least, lead to awkward situations.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend contacting the developer directly. While more than a few developers seem to frequent this place, there is zero guarantee anyone will see this here. It seems like a pretty significant bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa