Do you lose developer preview when you hard reset your phone?

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I assumed that when you hard reset the phone (and don't recover from a backup) that you would be no longer under the preview for developers program. Is this correct? I just reset my phone (settings->system->about->reset your phone), didn't use a backup when going through the startup process, and a bit after I started playing with my phone I got a notification saying welcome to Denim. As I have a AT&T 920 I didn't expect this. Am I still in the developers program? Some of the software upgrades I associate with 8.1.1 work (snooze options on reminders, folders).

Firmware revision number is 3051.50009.1425.2001 (if that helps anyone)

Mark

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You will still have to reinstall the Preview app and reenable it if you want to continue with new Preview updates.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I assumed that when you hard reset the phone (and don't recover from a backup) that you would be no longer under the preview for developers program. Is this correct? I just reset my phone (settings->system->about->reset your phone), didn't use a backup when going through the startup process, and a bit after I started playing with my phone I got a notification saying welcome to Denim. As I have a AT&T 920 I didn't expect this. Am I still in the developers program? Some of the software upgrades I associate with 8.1.1 work (snooze options on reminders, folders).

Firmware revision number is 3051.50009.1425.2001 (if that helps anyone)

Mark

According to this page, Availability in North America - Microsoft - Global that's the FW version for Cyan - sounds like you're getting the false Denim bug that nobody at MS cares to fix.

You are still registered in the PfD program, but since you didn't restore from a backup you'll need to reinstall the app and re-enable it for future (if any) PfD updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb