Can I get some help with a problem I am having with my Lumia phone?

Youssef Mohammed

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
problem with my lumia phone

Hello I updated my Nokia Lumia preview for developers so after it's downloaded I installed it and it lags in the gears it still spinning for hour so I did hard reset by the volume buttons and when it was resetting the gears still spinning for a long time I tried to do hard reset again but when I press the volume down the Nokia sign showing and disappearing so I couldn't reset it again so I take my hands of the buttons and it still spinning please help

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: problem with my lumia phone

Hello I updated my Nokia Lumia preview for developers so after it's downloaded I installed it and it lags in the gears it still spinning for hour so I did hard reset by the volume buttons and when it was resetting the gears still spinning for a long time I tried to do hard reset again but when I press the volume down the Nokia sign showing and disappearing so I couldn't reset it again so I take my hands of the buttons and it still spinning please help

Updates might take some time to install. (it does take time to install at times)
however you shouldn't have done that while the phone is undergoing update process (spinning gears)
cant boot the phone anymore use Lumia Software Recovery Tool to return to the latest non PFD firmware.

Do not interrupt firmware loading. chances are that you will brick your phone if you interrupt.

Well a red screen with NOKIA in big letters will appear, that's when the firmware is being loaded.

DO NOT pull out the cable or turn off your phone at that time.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: problem with my lumia phone

If you have a SD card switch of the phone and get the SD card out.

If you do not have a SD card try below.
Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 15 seconds).

Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa